LTE Network Extender - works for data, not voice
DANRAB38
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a new 4G LTE Network Extender. Installation was easy, and it's up and running. The web page for the device indicates that all is well. The ethernet is plugged directly into a CenturyLink DSL mode, with bandwidth 40 MBps up, 20 down. I have an iPhone 5s. I turn off wi-fi, and run a speed test over LTE. I get about 40/20 up/down. All is great, right? Except that #48 tells me that I am NOT under network extender coverage.

I have disabled the firewall on the DSL modem, but it did not help.

I tried it with LTE enabled and disabled on the phone, but it made no difference.

I can see the network extender on the "My Verizon" "Manager Network Extender" page, so Verizon knows it's associated with my account.

Anything else I can check before declaring this an epic failure?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE Network Extender - works for data, not voice
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 4G extender will work for voice if the phones are capable of VoLTE or HD Voice. I don't believe the iPhone 5s is capable of HD Voice. Maybe it is time to upgrade the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DANRAB38
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your response! If that's true, then it's another fail on Verizon's part -- they sold me this with the understanding that my phone is an older model. If I had a more modern phone, I would just use Wifi-calling!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to fail you Danrab38. We understand the importance of having your phone connect to the Extender. Are you within the 14-day period? I have sent you a private message so I can further assist.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes