LTE extender failing to boot up (stuck at 11a)
NETPARROT

This is the second time my Samsung LTE Extender has rebooted at 04:30 EDT and become stuck at step 11a (which according to the manual, means it's trying - and failing - to download updates). The last time this happened, it was down for five days before service resumed. According to Verizon support, it was an issue affecting multiple customers, but they didn't say more than that. It's currently stuck in a reboot cycle, and I'm not sure when (if?) it will go back to normal.

I am hoping this is not a persistent problem. I rely on this device for phone service in my area! Are any other users seeing this too?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE extender failing to boot up (stuck at 11a)
ThatMonkeyFromDuckand
Enthusiast - Level 1

While mine doesn't appear to be in a reboot cycle, and I can't narrow down what time the extender failed other than "last night", I seem to be having the same issue.

MD_Landi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. Stuck at 11a. Seems to have started around 5:30 EDT this morning

0 Likes
sdouglas2004
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is stuck in a reboot loop at 11a also. Come on Verizon...lets get this fixed!

LeoGetz

Yup same here ! 

0 Likes
KSTANLE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same for me here too. Stopped working sometime in the middle of the night. Tried rebooting, adding the GPS extension cable & even tried calling Verizon Support (unable to maintain a cell signal to use this method).

Seems like a wide spread issue, given how many folks are starting to report it. Hopefully Verizon Support will find and fix the issue soon! At this moment, they seem to be unaware of it. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
jwtME
Enthusiast - Level 1

Multiple hours on the phone this am with Verizon regarding same problem. This thread helped connect the dots - thanks.  Software glitch in a new rev this morning. Tech team is aware of problem and trying to solve. Tech Support just catching up about the problem. I was instructed to sit tight and software will catch up - don't pull plug or reset.  TS said to expect problem solved today.  We'll see and fingers crossed.

MD_Landi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the information! I can sit and wait, and not worry that my extender is broken.

0 Likes
Val1

Same issue today as the rest of you. Didn't notice the problem until I got home about 11 am mountain time. Any one else is the Tucson area have the same problem. Great software upgrade, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Perhaps Verizon should beta test before pushing updates.

0 Likes
scott36854

Mine finally rebooted about 4:00 or 5:00 Eastern time here in Alabama

0 Likes