LTE network extender not connecting to router
kdxyardsale

I have a brand new LTE Network Extender, I am on CenturyLink with a ActionTec C1000 router. When I connect the device it stalls at "Connecting to Router, please wait.." it never connects. There is link lights on the back of the extender and the router. I can use the GUI in my router to see it is connected at 1G speed and sending and receiving packets with no collisions. I have no restrictions in my router from the factory. In my router device list the extender is not there, but i can see in the port list it is connected. After about 30 minutes the Extender display goes blank but the LAN connection is still active.

Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE network extender not connecting to router
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kdxyardsale, thank you for reaching out to us. Making sure you are able to connect to the Network Extender is important. Let's review the details. Is this for the initial activation? What happens when you dial #48? Can you please unplug the connected wiring, and then reattempt the connection https://vz.to/3lzLaBz?  -Sylvia

0 Likes
Re: LTE network extender not connecting to router
Juan321

I had the same problem with the extender not connecting to the C1000 router.  I bought a used C4000LG and it worked with it.  I couldn't get an answer from Verizon or CenturyLink - I just think the C1000 is too old for the newer technology.

0 Likes