LTE network extender
johnolso

We purchased the LTE extender last month.  We set it up but needed to contact Verizon to have them

send a signal to get it going.   It worked like a charm until a few days ago when the message

"Connecting to SeGw server  Please wait. "   Well it does not connect .  I have reset it several times but it stops at that message.   For 3 days I have been trying to get a live person at Verizon.  Tried all the the dialing tricks but still cannot speak with anyone.   I would appreciate any advise on this

We have 1 iphone and 1 samsung.  Without the booster we are dead in the water as we have no 

cell service due to rural location.   

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE network extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@johnolso wrote:

We purchased the LTE extender last month.  We set it up but needed to contact Verizon to have them

send a signal to get it going.   It worked like a charm until a few days ago when the message

"Connecting to SeGw server  Please wait. "   Well it does not connect .  I have reset it several times but it stops at that message.   For 3 days I have been trying to get a live person at Verizon.  Tried all the the dialing tricks but still cannot speak with anyone.   I would appreciate any advise on this

We have 1 iphone and 1 samsung.  Without the booster we are dead in the water as we have no 

cell service due to rural location.   

What is your internet service?  Any issues with your router/device that your extender is connected to?  Are you able to use WiFi calling?  Maybe, if you're lucky, it is/was a temporary issue getting to the SeGw  over your internet service or the SeGw you're connecting to itself.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

johnolso,

Making sure you can get the service you need is always our priority. We want to make sure we get that device back to working like it should. We're glad to assist you.

How is your internet service working currently? Have you tried rebooting both the extender and the router it is connected to? 

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
CurtisE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Verizon support.  I just purchase an LTE network extender during setup it gets through everything except the Connection to seGW server please wait...  It never connects, after over an hour, the screen goes black.  I can log into the device.  Looks fine except "Not in Service" is displayed on the admin page.  I have done a factor reset and rebooted a few times.  Still won't connect.  

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@CurtisE wrote:

Hello Verizon support.  I just purchase an LTE network extender during setup it gets through everything except the Connection to seGW server please wait...  It never connects, after over an hour, the screen goes black.  I can log into the device.  Looks fine except "Not in Service" is displayed on the admin page.  I have done a factor reset and rebooted a few times.  Still won't connect.  

Have you called support to ensure the extender's MAC ID is properly activated on your account?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's possible your Network Extender is still not reaching our network. Do you have the manual with you? Help us find the exact step of the setup process you are getting stuck on. Also, pay attention to the lights to get a better understanding of what's going on and when. - Nick

0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

HI Curtis,

I had this same issue.  My problem was because I purchased a prepaid plan and the Extender does not work with a Prepaid plan.  This information cannot be found anywhere - not of the web site, the Extender manual or anywhere.  If you are a Postpaid customer call support and see if they can see the MAC ID of the unit in your account.  Once entered it should boot right up.

0 Likes
Mec222
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mines been hung up there too after r working like a champ

Mary E Cotton
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mec222-

We want to make sure your Network Extender is working as it should. What specific issue are you experiencing? Please share more details to better assist.

-Angie

0 Likes