Live in a poor signal area.
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tullahoma, TN.  Weak signal, RSSI less than -110dBm (LTE+) and "no signal" at times.  Tech support directs me to use "Wifi" calling.  Why should I?  I am paying Verizon for their "excellent" coverage.  Wifi will not help me outside my house.  What if my Wifi is not good either (Spectrum)?

I have talked with, and texted with numerous "techs", and they always give me the same answer.  I have even invited their technical staff to visit my property.  I'm not out in the "boonies". 

I need signal.  It will only get worse when there leaves on the trees.

Appreciate suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Live in a poor signal area.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us about the signal issues you are having in Tullahoma, TN, 9315635006. We want to do everything possible to work on this signal issue. However, we do not send out tech reps to a property to deal with signal issue. We would first troubleshoot the issue and get to the root cause of the problem. I checked the location you mentioned. Can you confirm your zip code? Are others having your same issue? Do you have a network extender? Please share more details so we can look further into these service concerns.

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello:  Zip Code is 37388.  Country Club Drive (Setters Point curve).

Do not have a network extender, as they are a bit pricy.  Other neighbors have mentioned the same issue.  

I use several Apps to measure RSSI.  "Network Cell Info Lite" for one. 

Appreciate you help!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would be helpful if you didn't use your phone number as your username and post it on this public forum. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details. Are other devices having these issues? When did this problem start?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

As previously stated, problem started when we moved to Tullahoma, TN six months ago.  When we are in other areas of the city no problem seems to exist. 

The service problem is only my phone, and my wife's phone, on in the vicinity of our property, or in our house.

No other devices are using Verizon.

Just looking for advice, and help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

9315635006, making sure you are aware of your options to improve your services in your home is important. We are here to help and we appreciate the information you have shared. We do want to make you aware that Verizon cannot guarantee service in your home as many factors outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance even in cases where you may have had service in the past. Wi-Fi Calling works the same as a Network Extender and is a free option to help enhance your indoor service experience http://vz.to/2pbi1jY. Have you utilized this feature before? May we have the Make/Model of your devices? Additionally, can you please let us know how far you have to travel from your home location to receive a proper connection?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

A bit more info.

In the middle of the night my phone will say "loss of service", then "Verizon" over and over.  It seems that service goes in and out  all the time.

If I travel less than one mile away from my home, I get a great signal.  The area where I live has very poor and intermittent signal strength.

I wish an engineer from Verizon would come check for themselves.  I feel that I am just beating myself up trying to get some help.

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both phones are LG G7 ThinQ.

Software version G710VM20f.

Android Version 9

Build number PKQ1.181105.001

Need anything else?

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know with the CV-19 around, it is hard to get tech support.  However, I need to talk to someone at Verizon.  It is not acceptable to have to wait on the phone over one hour to many talk to tech support.

Using "chat" is ridiculous.  Go through 50 questions, and then are told they cannot help.  Call tech support.

I just want some help.  HELP!

0 Likes