Re: Looking for a signal booster that will work with band 66
J-R-C
Enthusiast - Level 2

@mama23dogs wrote:

@J-R-C wrote:

I'm having the same issue finding a band 66 solution,

And preferably band 66 and ONLY band 66 because I have absolutely no control over what band my Verizon devices choose to use other than controlling signal strength.

My phone keeps linking to over congested bands 13 and 5 .... but there's a band 66 site 30km away it sometimes links to and gets speeds exceeding 25 to 30mbps on the very weak link.

I think I actually need to *JAM   the other bands while boosting 66 with a high gain directional antenna.  (if jamming isn't possible, I certainly don't want to boost what I'm trying to avoid)

-J

Read the April 11 post.   You cannot do what you are asking.  

I should also add that your april post seems technically incorrect. Since

"Band 66 is a superset of Band 4. It includes all blocks of B4 plus a few more.

B66 can be broadcasted as B4 with MBFI (multi band frequency indicator) but cannot be done vice versa (B4 -> B66) as B4 consists of fewer blocks."

So a band 66 unit will cover band 4, but a band 4 unit will not cover band 66.

Also, there's many single band units available for band 4, here's a few.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Lintratek/SingleBandSignalBooster/page/336D6C78-23DB-4A26-92CC-92C583A...

But apparently band 66 is a super set of band 4, a band 4 device won't work for the entire band 66

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@J-R-C 

I think what you're looking for is a directional booster. (Yagi).  (Thank you AutoCorrect for trying to make that Yogi, as in boo-boos big buddy). 

0 Likes
J-R-C
Enthusiast - Level 2

either a yagi, or parabolic dish, yes.

yeah, the one band 4 unit says it covers 2110-2155mhz download freq...  but band 66 specs say 2110 – 2200mhz

It's pretty close, but if I'm going to shell out $$ I want to be sure.

Thanks!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Lol, yeah, that's a given.  Good boosters are north of $500.  Real good ones in the $800 range.    
it looks like you might be looking at some kind of a custom job. Good luck with that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Service concerns are not what we want for you. Allow us to help. When did this issue start? Does this issue occur everywhere you go or just at a certain location?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes