MMS picturae
wlopatin

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 and have been having trouble sending pictures via text to my grandkids. The picture is sometimes so slow to load into the message that I just give up. Called Verizon and they sent me an LTE extender. How do I know if it is even working? or if our phones are actually connected to it. The device webpage just says 2 connected users, but that number changes. wifi is great in the house so everything else works well but it is very frustrating that I cannot send pictures. Should I switch to ATT? Suggestions and/or comments, please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS picturae
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can take a look into this for you, please send us a Private Note.

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

Load Speedtest app to your phone from the playstore;  make sure you speed seems decent;  dowload at least 5 mbps minimum and upload 1 mbps minimum;  might be higher.

If speeds check out, then go to settings/apps/messsages or messages+ (whichever one you're using);  click on storage, and then in bottom right "clear cache"...

See if that fixes problelm;  if not, uninstall the message app and reinstall from the play store.... hopefully this helps.

However, if your speed is too low (lower than above), that would be your problem.  However, I suspect overall "speed" is not the problem.  Good luck!

0 Likes
wlopatin

Sorry, this does not solve the problem.  From what I have read, sending a picture via text actually uses the MMS protocol which goes via cell data signal and not wifi. My wifi signal is great throughout the house. The only problem is sending pictures via text.

The new 4G/LTE extender seems to have helped.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that you are having issues sending pictures via texts concerns us. We want to help in any way we can. You mentioned that an extender has helped, but do you have issues sending MMS texts while away from the extender? 

0 Likes