Making a network extender a closed network
Taylorj
Enthusiast - Level 3

How come verizon lies in there user guide saying you can make a 4g lte network extender a closed network? It also states that it has a 50ft radius but all my neighbors are connected to it? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Making a network extender a closed network
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Taylorj wrote:

How come verizon lies in there user guide saying you can make a 4g lte network extender a closed network? It also states that it has a 50ft radius but all my neighbors are connected to it? 

Regarding the 50ft radius, you can adjust the transmit power level of the extender to reduce its reach.

Transmit Power.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Taylorj
Enthusiast - Level 3

We turned it down to 30 percent and the neighbor that is 180ft away is picking it up. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Taylorj wrote:

We turned it down to 30 percent and the neighbor that is 180ft away is picking it up. 

What if you turn it down to the minimum possible? Have you rebooted/power cycled the extender to disconnect all connections to see if they reconnect?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Taylorj
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have done all of thee above. Verizon has made a product my neighbors can't disconnect from. 

0 Likes
Taylorj
Enthusiast - Level 3
Come on verizon.....can you answer why your cant make it a closed network?
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yes, most extenders do have the option of creating a Closed Subscriber Group. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send us a Private Note.

*Carla

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Are you able to send a Private Message?

*Heather

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've created a Closed Subscriber Group and did not include your neighbor, but he's still connected?

*Carla

0 Likes
Taylorj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure if I can. Havnt messed with this chat much. You can send me a email. [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

0 Likes