Re: Neighbors network extender does not allow me to connect to the internet
FirefighterBgRG
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would be happy to meet you guys in a private note. How do I do that? 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@FirefighterBgRG wrote:

I would be happy to meet you guys in a private note. How do I do that? 

You should be able to click on @annag_vzw 's name/profile and click on the Message button there. 

Although, if there is any help or solution, please share with the forum publicly.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FirefighterBgRG, from what you are stating, it appears that you are stating that our signal is not good in your building however it worked when you were connected to your neighbor's extender. So it appears that you many need a network extender. Is that what you were asking? We just want to ensure that we are on the same page.

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
MythShop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizons network extender equipment and policy is trash when it comes to functionality and security and they will NEVER help you with this issue. It's their equipment, their service that you pay for, and they allow another Verizon customer to ruin your services and tell you it's YOUR responsibly to fix it. What's stupid about this is they allow people to obtain a network extender where Verizon signal is perfectly fine and ruin it for everyone within 100 feet. I have been through, under, around and inside every dang tech, troubleshooting and phone manual and jack squat can be done besides confronting your neighbors. And there's no guarantee that the neighbor will even do anything or that it will work. 

0 Likes
MythShop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh, and don't forget what a network extender really does. It eats into your home broadband that you pay for to provide yourself with Verizons service that you also pay full price for. It's like paying Verizon twice so they can provide you service. Idiocy. If you can make calls but have bad data, you don't need the network extender if you already have home wifi! Just turn on wifi on your phone! 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes