Net work extender
Cm101

Does anyone have Verizon's net work extender? I have one at my house and it doesn't work any better. I was told it would. When it connects I have constant crackling noise while talking. It doesn't connect all the time either. This is the second one. Just wondering if any one else has problems with theirs.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Net work extender
Snn5
Legend

Never had much luck with those myself.

0 Likes
Cm101

Yeah they are horrible. I live about 2 miles from 2 cell towers. Service is weak. Dropped calls. Blah blah blah.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cm101 we always strive to get our customers the best option to improve their signal in their home. Are all the LED lights blue on the extender? How long have you had it?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cm101

All blue lights are solid maybe flicker a little. Have had it about 4 months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cm101,

I appreciate those details. That's definitely what we want. Let's see if we can get this running better. Has it been the same ever since you got the extender? Is it placed near a window? Have you tried using the antenna extender to see if that works any better?

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cm101, having a good connection to the network is very important. Have you had this issues since you've had the Network Extender? Also, has the network extender been reset? You can do that by unplugging the network extender from the internet and from the power source for 30 seconds. Then, plug it all back in and retry your call connection. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cm101

I have put it next to a window for a few a weeks,not any better. Put the antenna near the window, same result. I have even put the antenna outside, still not any better.

I have retune the net work extender and got a new one. The only way it works is if I am 20 feet from it. Then I get full strength.

I went to the Verizon store and told them everything.

They replaced the SIM card in my iPhone 6.

I get crackling noise when it does connect when I'm on the phone. My wife's phone is the same, but she does get the cracking noise. We are near cell towers. I think one is an AT&T tower. I don't know if it's my phone or what.

If this continues I'm just going to disconnect the network extender and live with having dropped calls and crappy cell reception. Or change network providers.

0 Likes
Cm101

I have done that also. Unplugged it for an hour and did ever thing all over again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow. You have certainly done some great detective work for us already, Cm101. I want to be sure you can use that Network Extender the way it was intended so you can remain our valued customer.When you are in your home with the extender connected, please dial #48 and press send to see what recording you receive. Also, while in your home and intending to use the Network Extender, please disable HD Calling by following these steps:

1.From the Home screen, navigate: Settings > Cellular.
2.Tap Cellular.
3.Tap Enable LTE.
4.Tap Voice & Data to disable (remove check mark)

I look forward to hearing back from you with good results.

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes