Network Extender - 1 or 2 bars. Calls drop. Why do we pay for #network extender for weak signal?
DCGISME
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender - 1 or 2 bars. Calls drop. Why do we pay for #network extender for weak signal?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model extender do you have?  What internet service and up/down speeds do you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Re: Network Extender - 1 or 2 bars. Calls drop. Why do we pay for #network extender for weak signal?
DCGISME

We haven't set up the extender yet. I wonder why, when we are paying for VZW for phone service, in our home, we get a weak signal which drops calls. We live in the S.F Bay area, considered part of Silicon Valley, in a good sized city, in a residential area. I would think Verizon would have customer service or their tech's send a stronger signal to be able to use VZW without dropped calls. If that means providing us with a network extender, I think that would be part of the plan.  I don't think we should pay $249.99 for the extender. 
When we pay $249.99 for the extender, do we own it, does the cost get removed on the next statement, do we have  return it if we leave VZW and get reimbursed $249.99 when we return it?  

0 Likes
Network Extender - 1 or 2 bars.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching. We are sorry to read that you are having trouble with your calls while at home. A network extender is a great way to stay connected using your home internet. Once a device has been purchased it is yours to keep. If for any reason you were to cancel your account you would not have to return the extender. What is your ZIP Code? When did you start having trouble with the calls? ~Roger

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@DCGISME wrote:

We haven't set up the extender yet. I wonder why, when we are paying for VZW for phone service, in our home, we get a weak signal which drops calls. We live in the S.F Bay area, considered part of Silicon Valley, in a good sized city, in a residential area. I would think Verizon would have customer service or their tech's send a stronger signal to be able to use VZW without dropped calls. If that means providing us with a network extender, I think that would be part of the plan.  I don't think we should pay $249.99 for the extender. 
When we pay $249.99 for the extender, do we own it, does the cost get removed on the next statement, do we have  return it if we leave VZW and get reimbursed $249.99 when we return it?  

There are many valid reasons for weak signals within a home.  There have been reports of VZW providing a network extender at no charge, but if you pay $249 for it, it is yours.  I have purchased several network extenders over the years to provide cell service where it was bad or not available.  

DCGISME

I replied to you. I had to go through a bunch of steps including signing in again getting a code for verification, a second time, and finally it posted to the community, not to you. This is not easy or customer friendly.  I hope you got me reply or you should find it as posted to the community. I have Xfinity/Comcast, Download speeds 350 to 450 Mbps, Upload speeds 38-42 Mbps. 

Thanks for attempting to help. 

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender - 1 or 2 bars.
DCGISME

Zip ode 94566, Pleasanton, CA. Dropped calls for about 5 years, but are just now looking for a solution. 

0 Likes
DCGISME

Do you think we would be better off using Wi-Fi or Verizon network from home? 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@DCGISME wrote:

Do you think we would be better off using Wi-Fi or Verizon network from home? 

If your phone's support WiFi calling, then yes, you should try it.  I use WiFi calling with my android moto z4 and have no issues.  Even when in northern Vermont in a house with a 4G Network Extender, WiFi calling is preferred unless the phone doesn't support it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us. If Wi-Fi calling works better for you than being on our network, when you are at home, I would say use that. How does data work on your Wi-Fi? -Rosie

0 Likes