Network Extender 2 Frustration
vjerseygirl

Hi.  I'm hoping someone can help.  I have tried chatting with the Tech Coach twice and talked to tech support once but still no resolution.  We have had a network extender 2 from verizon for almost 4 months and it was working great in the beginning.  We live in a rural area where I was doing good if I had 2 bars of service.  For the past 2 to 3 weeks the extender has had a mind of its own.  It'll work then it won't.  If you're making a call, it may or may not go through.  Our phones will show that they have extender coverage and calling #48 will tell us we are under coverage but then we go to make a call and the bars go away to drop the call with a message of "no mobile network available".  The top left corner of the extender usually shows anywhere from 6 to 10.  We can be connected to the extender but it'll also still show 0 devices connected.  I don't know what's going on and tech doesn't help.  I've talked to them once and tech coach by chat twice.  The service will start working so they'll say "if you have anymore problems or it stops working again call us back".  I guess I'll have to call them every few hours then everyday of the week.  They don't seem to understand that it'll work then it won't.  Something is wrong here and I don't know what.  If anyone can help or suggest something it would be greatly appreciated. 

Here is what I've done so far:

reset device by the factory reset button on the back (twice)

unplug device for 20 min. at least then plug back in

check advanced calling is turned on on my phone

reset the network settings on my phone

bought a new router (thinking the old one wasn't working right)

stood with my phone an inch away from the extender (while having coverage) to make a call (just for it to drop and lose service)

I don't know what else to try.  I've tried everything tech has asked me to try and nothing works.  I'm starting to think it's the extender itself but I'm not sure.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender 2 Frustration
vjerseygirl

I just checked the network extender admin page and it looks like it's having a lot of communication errors and reaching server errors or whatever they call it..

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vjerseygirl wrote:

I just checked the network extender admin page and it looks like it's having a lot of communication errors and reaching server errors or whatever they call it..

Sounds like it is having issues reaching the server thru your router and/or your internet connection.  What internet service/up-down speeds do you have? 

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vjerseygirl

I have xfinity internet with about 572/39 up/down speeds.  The router is also new so I know it works.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vjerseygirl,

Being able to keep a consistent connection is crucial. We want to make sure that always works without issue. We're glad to help. How many phones are you trying to connect to the extender? Do they all have the same issues? Do you know what model of extender you have?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vjerseygirl, I know you mentioned seeing errors. Do you notice or receive any specific error messages? 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes