Network Extender (ASK-SFE116) Cat M1 Support
jmcvzw

Hi,

I am trying to use this network extender for devices that have an LTE M1 radio, and have not had success connecting these devices to the extender. Not only will the LTE-M devices not connect to the extender, but the devices will not connect to a regular tower while the extender is powered on. Do these extenders support LTE-M?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender (ASK-SFE116) Cat M1 Support
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jmcvzw wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to use this network extender for devices that have an LTE M1 radio, and have not had success connecting these devices to the extender. Not only will the LTE-M devices not connect to the extender, but the devices will not connect to a regular tower while the extender is powered on. Do these extenders support LTE-M?

Thanks

What 'devices' are you trying to use with the LTE Network Extender? 

1. Note: The 4G LTE Network Extender for Enterprise is not a router and therefore is not Wi-Fi capable. The 4G LTE Network Extender for Enterprise supports almost all Verizon 4G LTE devices like smartphones, tablets, basic phones and Jetpack® devices. It may not support all IoT devices like Cat-M1 and NB-IoT.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jmcvzw

Hi, thanks for the response. These are IoT devices with Cat-M1 radios. I'm not using the enterprise extender, I'm using the LTE Network Extender 3 - I couldn't find any restrictions on the types of 4G data it supports in their manual or FAQ. I saw it does support LTE band 13, which is what these devices normally operate on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to assist you with connecting your devices to your Network Extender. What is the make and model of the device that you're attempting to connect?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
bbanic27
Contributor - Level 1

@jmcvzw wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Can you reformulate your question? So you said that your device will not connect to the extender or a normal tower while the extender is powered on. This is where im not following.
So do your device(s) connect to a normal tower with the extender powered off?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the insights. Check valuable information and troubleshooting steps for your device here. Let us know if you have additonal questions.

https://www.verizon.com/support/network-extender-faqs/

~Maria Elena

0 Likes