I live in an apartment building (cannot use Weboost signal booster on landlord's roof) with weak 4G LTE 1-2 bar 110-115 dBm recepton as in a valley with tree cover which 3rd level VZW engineering could not improve with a NRB ticket opened and closed With other factors, the VZW 4G LTE network extender https://www.verizonwireless.com/prod...sku=sku2490003 may or may not? be best option (have view of SW sky which confirmed Android app GPS Status rated 4.7) as I have a business grade wired router for data security reasons so I would not be using Wifi. I have neighbors and unknown visitors within 50 foot range and also have a sidewalk, neighbors most believe are honest walk their dogs to the park, and parking lot spaces 10-20 feet outside ground floor window. Right now with my LG G7 ThinQ bought last year is HD Voice capable (only 85% reliable for calls without an extender), but I instead use its 1x CDMA band for calls (98-99% reliable which need for an elderly relative locally with health issues), but that network is to be taken down by around year end 2019.
I have been on the phone literally for hours with all levels of VZW tech support, some more knowledgeable and informed than others, the last two weeks trying to come up with an option to keep my VZW service going forward and not switch to another carrier with better coverage in my neck of the woods. Questions still yet doing my homework before and if do get the extender:
1. 'The 4G LTE Network Extender can enhance your HD Voice or 4G LTE **data** coverage per its FAQs', so this would use my home internet service bandwidth for anyone with a VZW mobile phone within 50 feet of it for calls AND data, correct? I have Cox for home internet (FIOS has periodic issues in my neighborhood from a not long ago highway construction project) which Cox has a 1TB usage cap before they charge extra and today I am only using 20GB of that per month. With scenario/environment at beginning, multiple neighbors or visitors could use their VZW mobile phones for large 4G LTE data downloads and video within range of the extender and I be in trouble with the cable company, right? Decreasing the range of the extender to less than 10 feet would it make unusable for me inside my apartment. Sadly this 4G extender does not currently allow whitelisting of mobile numbers, but that is an issue I have raised this week at a VZW upper level above all levels of standard VZW tech support, and with 4G LTE to be around until 5G is to be fully rolled out across the USA years from now now, its something believe VZW needs to consider for some of its customers. I am not the only one in these forums or on Amazon reviews wanting this whitelisting on the extender. One and only one tech support rep said the whitelisting could be done in their backend with the extender if call VZW tech support each time want to add a mobile number, but that is inconvenient.
2. Another question is how much VZW data usage I be billed for if say I do 2500 minutes of calls a month with HD Voice plus how much data does the extender use against my VZW plan? This is assuming average pauses in silence in the calls. Today only have a 2GB data plan w/ unlimited talk/text which only typically today use 1 to 1.5 GB a month for data with calls on CDMA; and which I believe need to increase if use HD Voice and the 4G LTE network extender for calls, but unsure how much?
* I would not be using Wifi calling nor will be doing video calls.
* Also confirmed for VZW data with VZW tech support, I am only billed for only my accounts HD Voice call usage on the extender (2 lines) and not anyone else's including any visitors which is billed back to the VZW mobile number/handset MEI.
* I am getting mixed messages on the HD Voice data usage One VZW tech support rep yesterday only 139 kb per 2 minute call whereas other whereas whereas https://mikebeach.org/2015/09/04/how...our-data-plan/ saying 47 kb per second but that article is 4 years old and with AT&T's service. This is a huge difference.
Am willing to pay for a higher VZW GB shared plan, but not willing to pay double what I am paying now for an unlimited data plan. Though I checked into setting up a Wifi router just for the VZW smartphone (as not transmit identity or senstive data on it like the wired router laptop with layers of security including anti-logging encrytpion) on a separate FIOS or Cox outlet (two separate outlets) in my apartment, I found with both it was an extra $40-45 monthly ($500 a year) outside initial equipment costs of another modem and router so that is no go.
Good morning, SCOPUR20, and thank you for reaching out to us. We can certainly understand your frustration, and we want you to know that it breaks our heart to hear that you're having this current feeling. With that said, it's our priority to review your area as well as the performance of your device. The reason we say this, is that we do want you to know that we have the ability to place an investigation ticket into your service area. To start this process we would have to meet the requirements for validation of this ticket. If based on the feedback of your location having service trouble is low, and we are unable to see any service alerts or outages in our area, we will request to perform troubleshooting steps to confirm that your device is running with no known manufacter issues. At the same time, this will also give us more insight to look into your location (or locations) while you complete these steps. In most cases this will take up to 10 business days for the investigation to be completed in which we then determine the future status of your area based on service performance. If you would like to look further into this we will have to confirm that all of our troubleshooting steps have been completed. Did you want to look into this option further?