Network Extender - Firewall destination IP address
ryanpaguio

I am trying to have this installed on a work network but the networking team is requiring a destination IP address to allow the device to communicate.  Would anyone know the destination IP address for the LTE Network Extenders: ASK-DFE116?

ryan paguio
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender - Firewall destination IP address
sw33
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey @ryanpaguio if you mean the ASK-SFE116 (the square dark colored one),

it is going to hit sgw.vzwfemto.com on port 500/4500 (UDP to build the IPSec tunnel)

You could try a nslookup at your place to see what gets resolved, but if you need *all* the IP addresses have a look here:

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-25525/

I would suggest starting with the first unit on the list - the block of IP addresses in there sure seem pretty close.

I notice that my LTE extender is using an A-GPS server that isn't listed anywhere on that page. (You don't 100% need an A-GPS server but it will definitely make your initial GPS acquisition time shorter).

Also once your extender updates to firmware GA5.10 - V0.5.010.1167, there's lots more diagnostic information about the IP addresses the unit is trying to get to. Hopefully you're already at that firmware revision, so you have that information available.

0 Likes