Network Extender For Business - Need Help!
tmillergpc

I have the Network Extender For Business.  Two identical units as a matter of fact.  Same problems with each one.  I install them and get 4 blue LEDs ... no problem.  I have taken them to multiple locations all with high speed Internet service and have connected them directly to cable modem outputs and to brand new routers ... same problem.  I have made sure I don't have advanced calling on my cell phones.  Both Samsung S5 and iPhone 6 have the same problem.  I have registered the Extenders on Verizon's website and engtered my name and cell phone number.  Here's the problem.  When standing just 10 feet away, I get just 1 to 2 bars of service.  But when I dial a number and press send, instantly I see 5 full bars of service ... until I press end call ... then the service drops back to 1 to 2 bars.  If I am on the call that I just described with 5 bars of service standing 10 feet from the Extender and walk to 15 feet away it drops to 4 bars ... at 20 feet 3 bars ... at 30 feet 2 bars ... at 40 feet 1 bar ... all while in direct line of sight of the Extender.  Does not matter how many times I reboot the Extender or the phone.  Calls to Verizon tech support and Samsung tech support have been a waste of several hours.  In fact I bet I have wasted 20 hours so far trying to get these to work.  I always try just one extender at a time ... figure I would try the second one (cluster) if I ever got the first one to work.  Wish I could return them for a refund but the 14 days just passed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender For Business - Need Help!
tmillergpc

BTW, when I dial #48 it says I am under Network Extender coverage.  Forgot to mention that the first time.  Sorry.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The bars you see while on a call are voice, the bars you see when off a call are data perhaps.

0 Likes
tmillergpc

I was expecting to see 5 bars of signal strength after the Network Extender started working when I would stand 10 feet away from it after registering my phone to it by dialing #48.  AT&T has a similar device for its customers and when I was an AT&T customer I installed one and that is how it worked.  The reviews from owners of the Verizon Network Extenders pretty much all said that they immediately saw 4 or 5 bars so this was what I am expecting.  I have no reason to believe that this device is helping me when I see 1 or 2 bars on my phone and I am wanting to make a call.  In the outside world, with my phone, 1 or 2 bars means no calling or expect the call to be broken and/or dropped if you can even make a connection.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Generally, voice strength is stronger than data, so...if you see 2 bars of data, then you have 3-4 bars of voice.  You can request Verizon to amplify the strength.  they did so for me.

0 Likes