Network Extender Knocks out Home Alarm Mobile Connection
ColtsNeckGuy

If I turn on my network extender in my home my alarm loses connection.  My alarm uses a Verizon mobile connection rather than land line. It is supposed to be more secure, so the line can't be cut.  Although, my home signal for my cell phone is a bit weak.  I tried turning on the network extender and everytime I do this the alarm starts beeping because the connection was lost.  I thought maybe the alarm was trying to connect through the network extender, so I created a list to allow only a few phones to have access to the network extender.  That did not work.  I am not sure if the bandwidth is being sucked up by the extender leaving the alarm with no signal.  This is crazy because they are both Verzion.  Verizon sim card in alarm and a Verizon Samsung network extend.  What do I do now? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Network Extender Knocks out Home Alarm Mobile Connection
Wyatt88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you tried leaving the network extender on for a few hours to see if your alarm system connects to it? Your alarm system Verizon connection will be on a different channel than the network extender transmits. It may take the alarm Verizon connection a little while to "find" the new channel being transmitted by your network extender.

If that doesn't work, not sure why this is happening. Frustrating.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Knocks out Home Alarm Mobile Connection
Wyatt88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you tried leaving the network extender on for a few hours to see if your alarm system connects to it? Your alarm system Verizon connection will be on a different channel than the network extender transmits. It may take the alarm Verizon connection a little while to "find" the new channel being transmitted by your network extender.

If that doesn't work, not sure why this is happening. Frustrating.

0 Likes