Network Extender Notifications
rcampb

We have an SLS-BU102 Network Extender.  It loses GPS signal intermittantly, and will not reconnect automatically.  It has to be powered down, then restarted for it to reconnect to GPS.  There is no way to know it is down until I actually manually check it.  Is there any way to set up a notification when the Network Extender is down?  I don't see any way to send notifications from the extender itself...does it have SNMP capability?  Or, is there some other way to check it automatically?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring that you're always connected to your network extender is very important, rcampb. I can definitely go over some details with you. I looked through the settings and features of your network extender and I am afraid there is not a way to receive a notification that the extender is in need of restarting. I am afraid the unit is not capable of SNMP.
To get the best GPS signal, you will want to have your extender placed near a window. Where do you have the extender located in your home?

GregL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcampb

This network extender is located at a business.  I was given a 100ft extension cable for the antenna.  I have it running to the building's front window, facing south.  It happens mostly whenever we have bad weather, and it loses the GPS signal.  Right now, the best GPS Signal Quality is 30dB, which is not the best.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rcampb, 

Our apologies for the trouble this is causing you. We do not have any additional options. If you haven't already, you could position the GPS antenna in a different location to determine the best location and the best signal. If you have a business account with us, then you can reach out to our Business team and see if there are any other solutions for you. You can reach them at 800-922-0204. Please use your Business cell phone to be routed correctly.

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes