Network Extender Quality
ABenzo

I got my Samsung Network extender back in June and it worked fabulously up until the end of September. All of sudden the phone call quality was terrible! I was showing full bars on my phone but calls were unintelligible. Nothing has/had changed. I've tried it again several times since then and same result every time; as of now it's unplugged because it's useless. It makes my calls worse instead of helping them.

Things I've tried and checked (everything recommended by troubleshooting guide):

• Internet speeds same as always (around 8 mbps)
  • Cycled through power on/off multiple times on extender
  • Cycled through power on/off with router
  • Line update
  • Set up priority users
  • Verified connection

Any help in making this work again instead of becoming a very expensive paperweight would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Quality
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Abenzo, thank you so much for bringing this to our attention and we certainly want your network extender to work properly. Also, I appreciate all the troublshooting you have completed so far, it's really helpful. Let's continue woriking on this issue you are experiencing. What are the LED light showing? Any issues with service outdoors?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ABenzo

All lights are blue. No service issues outdoors.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ABenzo, I appreciate you getting back to us and we are not giving up on this until we find a solution. Where do you have the network extender located? How many devices connect to the network extender?

GersonG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ABenzo

Have tried two locations: on a table near the window and on the window sill itself. It's a western facing window. Typically only one device connects at a time. And I did set up priority numbers in case my neighbors are connecting, but our closest neighbor is at least 500 feet away.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate all you've done to try and get this working, ABenzo. Just in case, have you attempted configuring the open ports on your router as well?This can help out immensely.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender-router-configuration/

Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
ABenzo

No this did not help. My calls 'lag' and the user on the other end says it sounds like I'm "in a tunnel speaking through a mouthful of rocks". All lights are solid blue. Speedtest this morning is showing 6.5 Mbps down and 1.75 Mbps up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for working together with us and utilizing those steps, ABenzo. Let's look at all. By chance have you looked to see if your router has a new firmware available for it? If yes, please update the firmware, and then power off all pieces of hardware. (Modem, Router, or gateway combo unit, and network extender)

Also, you mentioned possibly having more than one phone. Do all the devices that connect off of the extender have the same call quality experience?

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
JMThomsen

ABenzo, did you get this problem fixed?? I'm having the exact same problem. Our network extender has worked perfectly for almost a year, and now callers can't hear me and all lights/service bars and everything says perfect. I can hear the people perfectly. We also have a ATT Extender for my husbands phone and his never has this issue, so I know its on the Verizon end. HELP?

0 Likes
jdynan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have network extender call quality problems.  It's so bad, my wife and I have LG2 phones, that we installed a land line so we can at least make a call.  AT&T's device for a neighbor works find and costs much less.  A Google search shows we are not the only ones having the problem. For $200+ you would expect better quality and the support line is very nice but they don't have a clue as to the cause or they know it's never going to work but can't say that to customers.