Network Extender, WiFi Calling, all poor quality
Brian52682

Hello, I have had a Verizon 4G Network extender and I have an Eero Mesh Network with 1 gig internet speeds. The problem is I have awful reception in my house and I've been on teleconferences quite a bit with bad luck.

First I had a Note 10 + thinking it was the phone I just purchased a new Note 20 Ultra 5G and still am getting dreadful call performance with people breaking up and people unable to hear me which is a problem since I work remote. I have tried Network Extender with WiFi off, WiFi calling while connected to Extender, WiFi calling off, Advanced Calling off, and even airplane mode with WiFi only. Nothing works and everything drops connections frequently. It's quite frustrating to be honest that none of the tech has adequate performance for doing what a cell phone should do and that's make calls.

Thanks!

Brian

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender, WiFi Calling, all poor quality
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely know being able to make a good call is essential with any service these days, and we wan to ensure you're getting the best service available, Brian. Please try unplugging the Network Extender for a minute, and test your call quality once or twice. Once the Network Extender is back on, please test and compare the call quality. Let us know what kind of different there is to see how the Extender is working.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
Brian52682

The call quality if I'm in one spot without the Network Extender is fine. The issue is I can't move around or move the phone. When I hook up the Network Extender it randomly breaks up people I'm talking to and myself as well. This started getting much worse the past couple months to the point it's borderline unusable now. Have had several people tell me I'm breaking up so have had to go to WiFi calling. Tonight I made a call with Network Extender off and it dropped after ~40 min and I never moved and had it on speaker.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. The network extenders ability to work at its optional capacity is also dependent on your Wi-Fi connection speed. A minimum of 10 Mbps download, 5 Mbps upload is required for the 4G LTE Network Extender. When your Network extender experience this problem, can I have you visit www.speedtest.net, to confirm that your Wi-Fi is preforming above the minimum required speed.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thank you for that information. The network extenders ability to work at its optional capacity is also dependent on your Wi-Fi connection speed. A minimum of 10 Mbps download, 5 Mbps upload is required for the 4G LTE Network Extender. When your Network extender experience this problem, can I have you visit www.speedtest.net, to confirm that your Wi-Fi is preforming above the minimum required speed.

@vzw_customer_support ,  Could someone expand on your statement regarding 'dependent on your Wi-Fi connection speed'?    I checked my User Guide for 'wifi' and Wi-Fi' and only found ONE reference.  It was for possible interference in the GPS signal.  My understanding is the extender has NOTHING to do with WiFi, but uses an ethernet connection and your networks dedicated internet connection.

4G LTE UG - WiFi.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Brian52682

My internet speed is 1 gig down so that's not the issue. I have a mesh network and the point the network extender is hooked to gets ~500 mbs down. I have checked it during periods where I can't attack and had good speed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds good, Brian52682. We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting your equipment and I'd be happy to assist. May I ask if you have dialed #48 on your phone to confirm that your phone is successfully connected to the network extender?

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
patrick_9

Hello from the future - did you ever find a solve for this?  I too have a wired gigabit connection with exponentially higher speed than required.  Did you ever try an external antenna or anything? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Patrick_9,

We just wanted to check in to see if you were experiencing trouble with your connection, or if you were just wanting to offer an assist. Please let us know if you are in need of support.

- Henry

0 Likes