Network Extender Will not connect to SeGw or HeMS servers
LMac2
Enthusiast - Level 2

My network extender cycles and can not connect to Verizon's SeGw or HeMS servers.  The GPS signal is strong, usually 10/14 or sometimes 9/11 satellites will connect but the extender can not finish set-up.  Verizon support has been awful.  I have been hung up on, I have been disconnected, a rep "promised" to call me back.  Now I have a ticket so the response is, we will follow-up with you within 10 days.  I am REALLY frustrated.  

I'm using Specturm broadband internet service and a spectrum modem.  Has anybody out there changed the settings on the extender to allow the connectivity?  Maybe the DHCP?

Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Will not connect to SeGw or HeMS servers
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@LMac2 wrote:

My network extender cycles and can not connect to Verizon's SeGw or HeMS servers.  The GPS signal is strong, usually 10/14 or sometimes 9/11 satellites will connect but the extender can not finish set-up.  Verizon support has been awful.  I have been hung up on, I have been disconnected, a rep "promised" to call me back.  Now I have a ticket so the response is, we will follow-up with you within 10 days.  I am REALLY frustrated.  

I'm using Specturm broadband internet service and a spectrum modem.  Has anybody out there changed the settings on the extender to allow the connectivity?  Maybe the DHCP?

Please help.

Did your extender ever work? Which model do you have?  Have you checked the manual for required ports to be open in your router? Have you had your extender's MAC ID added to your account?   Have you looked at other threads on this topic where turning off IPSEC in router helped solve an issue?

4G SCS-BU102 ports.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Actually, turning IPSec OFF was NOT a solution.  Having required ports open and the MAC ID registered correctly was:

New Network Extender, stuck at 8a, how to register... - Verizon Community

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure that your network extender is up & running is key to having the indoor coverage you need. I am sorry to read that you had trouble getting the help that you needed over the phone. We can help you right here, I want to ensure t. To best assist, I would like to gather some details. When did the issue first start/when was set up? Have you checked your Internet ports for blocks or Firewall settings? 

0 Likes
LMac2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Extender still not working, sadly Verizon has been no help.  The last 2 hour waste of time concluded with "the previous tech put your ticket in the wrong group and I've escalated it to the right group who will contact you to follow up in 10 days or less"

The router ports may be the solution but I really doubt it given its new and universal plug and play and it worked with the extender fine before and nothings changed.  The extender model is supposedly the best Verizon has , an Askey SFE-116.  The manual is less than helpful, basically says call Verizon if re-setting doesn't fix your problem.  And as above, Verizon seems unable or unwilling to fix it.

0 Likes
LMac2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have tried my router ports - its  universal plug and play and was working fine until the extender crapped out after a power failure.  And the replacement extender has never connected successfully

0 Likes
LMac2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your support "another communcity member."  Rebooting my router allowed the extender to work for almost 24 hours now it has crapped out again not being able to connect to VZ servers, at least this time its a new problem :o( a fail at the HeNB gateway...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here and want to assist you with your Network Extender issues, please send us a Private Message, so we can assist. 

0 Likes
hightowe
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are likely being bitten by this problem. Likely everyone is... 

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Network-Extender/4G-LTE-Network-Extender-intermittently-disconnects...

0 Likes
Mec222
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem

Customer service is TERRIBLE

Mary E Cotton
0 Likes