Network Extender connected but crappy reception
kairvin3

My phone is connected to the network extender and is still receiving crappy reception.  People say I'm breaking up.  It has worked fine in the past, but not today or recently.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender connected but crappy reception
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried unplugging everything?

Plug in modem, wait, plug in router, wait, plug in extender and wait for it to find GPS.

Is it always the same person or everyone tells you it sounds like crud?

0 Likes
kairvin3

Everyone says I sound like crud.  My husband isn't having the same issue, just me.  Just moving around the room and it gets worse.  I tried unplugging and replugging everything.  This most recent call says I sound OK.  I will wait and see if it stays that way.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
kairvin3

Should the number of bars vary so much?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

On your phone? Yes, when you hit send the number of bars will drop.

0 Likes
kairvin3

Still being told that I'm breaking up.  This is so frustrating.  I work from home and cannot make any phone calls.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If your husbands phone works fine, it may be time to look into your device. What device is it? How long has it been in use?

0 Likes
kairvin3

IPhone 6 and last October (2014), so I don't think it is that my phone is old or out-dated.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I was thinking more along the lines of the SIM card being old or faulty, it's now you connect to the network. I'm guessing you've tried some basic trouble shooting, but if not:

Turn off Wi-Fi, power down, remove the SIM card, wait a couple minutes, reinstall and power it back on.

0 Likes