Network Extender - failure to establish initial connection
mefree
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Samsung SCS-2U01 has been working for at least 10 years.  The past 2 days I have lost my connection.  System LED is blinking red, which the manual says is: "Blinks red while establishing an initial network connection."  I unplugged and restarted twice. The external antenna has not been moved.  How do I even know the Verizon network system is working?  What else can I try? Who can I call?  thanks.  Mark 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Network Extender - failure to establish initial connection
mefree
Enthusiast - Level 2

"That is the old 3G Network Extender and might need to be upgraded to the new 4G LTE Extender"

Good call!  That's what I did.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@mefree wrote:

My Samsung SCS-2U01 has been working for at least 10 years.  The past 2 days I have lost my connection.  System LED is blinking red, which the manual says is: "Blinks red while establishing an initial network connection."  I unplugged and restarted twice. The external antenna has not been moved.  How do I even know the Verizon network system is working?  What else can I try? Who can I call?  thanks.  Mark 

Could be the database associating your devices' MAC ID to your account got messed up.  You could try calling 800-922-0204 and asking for technical support to remove and re-add your extenders' MAC ID back onto your account.  I also had success calling 888-262-1999 and got technical support on the extender.

That is the old 3G Network Extender and might need to be upgraded to the new 4G LTE Extender.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mefree, 

I know how important it is to be able to stay connected, and I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your extender! Restarting is a great start, to troubleshooting any issues with your device. May I ask, is there any damage to the extender, or has anything happened to the device, that may have caused any changes in performance? 

-Michelle

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here for you and want to ensure that you are getting the assistance you need.   Please let us know if you are still having issues with your Network Extender obtaining connection.  If you are, please send us a Private Message.*Lisa

0 Likes
mefree
Enthusiast - Level 2

"That is the old 3G Network Extender and might need to be upgraded to the new 4G LTE Extender"

Good call!  That's what I did.

0 Likes
mefree
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought I already replied to this.  A Verizon tech spent an hour on the phone with me.  Final solution - upgrade to LTE model.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the hassle this has caused. To confirm, are you now using the LTE model successfully? -Yale

0 Likes
mefree
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. It is working great.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is great news, mefree!
If you need anything, or if there's anything we can do to help, please feel free to send us a Private Note for assistance. Take care.

*Celeste

0 Likes