Network Extender issues
LezlieB14

My network extender was purchased in May of 2015. It has had its quirks and troubleshooting needs throughout this time. Unfortunately, yesterday, my network extender decided it was not going to work at all. All the lights are blue, and none of the phones will connect with it now. I have been in contact with a fellow Verizon Customer Service rep, and he stated my extender was updating because the system light was slowly blinking blue, but it's been doing this for 12 hours now. I find it very disheartening that a device that is so expensive would stop working like this for no apparent reason. Does anyone have any tips as to how they got theirs to work? I know my phone is not having issues with any HD calling interference or anything of that nature. The customer service rep stated the next step would be replacement. I am not going to spend $280 every year and a half on a product that is supposed to help with my cellular signal when I am paying for the use of the cellular service. Unfortunately, where I live, there are no other carriers that work, so changing networks is not an option.

Now, I am waiting for my customer representative to contact me again to try new options. ANY feedback of the helpful nature is welcome.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender issues
RLSanders
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've occasionally had the same symptoms you describe. Each time I was able to resolve it by simply disconnecting the power from the Network Extender for about 30 seconds and then, after restoring power, waiting 20-30 minutes for it to completely reconnect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes. Tweleve hours is a long time to show the same status. Were you able to power off/on as recommended? We also do not want you to have to pay for a new network extender so our goal is to get this fixed. Once you power it off/on, can you dial #48 again? What happens?

http://vz.to/1x8PAML

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LezlieB14

Well, I have tried doing everything recommended by the device. I have recently been in contact with a customer service representative, and Verizon Wireless is currently is the process of doing a complete comb through the network in my area and checking out to see why my extender is acting the way it is. What's strange is that I tried doing this again one more time, per a representative's request, and I waited an hour to restart the extender again (he suggested at least 45 minutes). Now, the system light is blinking red, which we know means there's an abnormal condition, but I have not a clue what that would be. Hopefully the comb through will give detail as to what it is.

0 Likes
LezlieB14

I wish it were that simple. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LezlieB14,

We greatly appreciate the time you are taking to troubleshoot with us. Making sure you can stay connected to your loved ones is our number one goal. At times, your home internet provider can not even realize that a port could be blocked. In turn, that could be causing you to have issues with the network extender. Please reach out to your home internet provider & go through this link http://vz.to/2bxUfsd with them. Please keep us posted!

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes