Network Extender - phone not ringing, incoming calls going to voicemail
FTDISAPPOINTED
Enthusiast - Level 1

For whatever reason over the past few months my verizon signal has been terrible so I purchased the extender and installed it on Friday. I thought my troubles were over. i i have all 4 bars and no more dropped calls. However now my whole family is experiencing the same problem our calls are going directly to voicemail and we dont even see a missed call? This is so disappointing!!! We purchased all new I pro 13 max phones, I pay good money monthly for service, and I purchased an extender at the advice of the tech $278 and now this is Ridiculous! My sons girlfriend has A T&T has a great signal and not problems when coming to our and we have all these problems!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Network Extender - phone not ringing, incoming calls going to voicemail
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

@FTDISAPPOINTED wrote:

I am having the same issue. For whatever reason over the past few months my verizon signal has been terrible so I purchased the extender and installed it on Friday. I thought my troubles were over. i i have all 4 bars and no more dropped calls. However now my whole family is experiencing the same problem our calls are going directly to voicemail and we dont even see a missed call? This is so disappointing!!! We purchased all new I pro 13 max phones, I pay good money monthly for service, and I purchased an extender at the advice of the tech $278 and now this is Ridiculous! My sons girlfriend has A T&T has a great signal and not problems when coming to our and we have all these problems!

After I got the Michigan Attorney General involved with this issue, Verizon finally got the manufacturer, Askey, to release a firmware fix last October. Once I put the firmware on the Extender it has worked flawlessly.  Yours is the first post to this thread since last October.  Prior to that there were pretty much daily posts with new people experiencing this issue.

Re: 4G LTE Network Extender - phone not ringing, incoming calls going to voicemail
FTDISAPPOINTED
Enthusiast - Level 1

SO what do i need to do Verizon doesn't  even have good customer service just a big run around!  I should have just dropped them and go to a new provider instead of buying new phones.... so angry!

0 Likes
FTDISAPPOINTED
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not have a prepaid phone ........

0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

So - this is working fine for you but not the rest of your family.  Is that correct?  

0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

@FTDISAPPOINTED wrote:

I do not have a prepaid phone ........

If you dial #48 does it tell you that you are connected to the Extender? If yes, it is working correctly.

Confirm with Verizon that the MAC ID of the unit is registered in your account.

0 Likes
ram5thwheel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good morning sspril.  I am one of the first to work with you on getting this resolved.  In checking my configuration since this thread was jump started, I still have the closed setup but I now have no approved caller list anymore.  I also can not create one.  I looked at other questions and it now says the extender does not allow closed setup which my extender still indicates that it is closed.

I know I received the same firmware upgrade that you received and it then started working.  I have a Samsung and I do connect and I also get my incoming phone calls.  My wife just got a new Iphone 13 and she does not seem to be able to connect to the extender.  In checking other threads, I saw one that said that the extender needs to be set to another channel for the Iphone to work and that needs a ticket to tech support to happen.

Just wondering what you are seeing.  Seems like a new generation of issues and this thread now alive with new issues.

ram5thwheel

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender - phone not ringing, incoming calls going to voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FTDISAPPOINTED,

Making sure you can connect all your phones to that extender is crucial. We're very glad to help with that. You mentioned it is only the iPhones. What happens if they try dialing #48 while trying to connected to that?

-Andrew

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When did this issue start? Have you tried to restart the Network Extender?

*Alexis

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender - phone not ringing, incoming calls going to voicemail
frustratedcustCSlame

I can tell you this. I have been with Verizon since 1996, less a brief ATT for about a year. I live in an area that REQUIRES an extender to get mobile. Yesterday, I spend the majority of my day in 6 CHAT sessions trying to resolve. Why 6 chat sessions? Because I kept getting disconnected. Why didn't I call? Because I can't make a call! Get it??

My extender has been mostly reliable until yesterday morning. Now I'm relying on wifi calling which completely stinks. Oh and I'm a gigabit FIOS customer also. CS is lacking any true knowledge anymore. I'm so frustrated looking at alternatives to completely change providers across the board. And I'm NOT paying for another network extender! It's a crime Verizon charged me in the first place. 

I'm at my wits end with this situation. I need a functional network extender and I need it now! I work from home and this is unacceptable lame CS

0 Likes