Re: Network Extender stuck on connecting to SeGW server
theheder
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too was having the error of "connecting to SeGW - Please Wait" message for days. 

I called Verizon support and worked with a wonderful resource who asked alot of questions at first, but then she realized that the 4G LTE network extender was NOT properly associated with my Verizon account.  I gave her the MAC ID off the extender and my Verizon account information, once she associated the MAC ID with my account after two minutes it connected to the SeGW.  The network extender finished the startup procedure and displayed "Service Active".  We checked our phones and my entire family had 5 bars of 4g LTE service.

There was nothing on my end that could have corrected this issue as it was a setting on the Verizon side of things.

It took some patience to get there, but now I have full 4G LTE service through the network extender.  Thank you JANE from Verizon Support.  You are a rockstar!

Chavezp15

Did you get this issues solved? I’m having the same issue Verizon doesn’t do anything 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so very sorry for the issue you are having, and also for the delay in getting is resolved. Is this a new extender you are having this issue with? Is this happening while you are trying to activate it for the first time? Thanks in advance.

-Rosie

0 Likes
bad2lady
Enthusiast - Level 1

After several years we are having the same problem.  Chatting does not help and we have tried all the above.  I think it has something to do with the changeover to 5G.  We have no cell coverage in our rural area without the extender!!  Help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, bad2lady. We are very sorry to hear about any service related issues that you've been experiencing. We certainly are happy to help with making sure that any issues are resolved. Can you please describe the service issue that you are experiencing in your area? 

-Brett

0 Likes
Tbone327
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue, I got a level 2 tech and he realized the unit was not activated and needed my units MAC address. Still nothing. I had problems with my phone unrelated and the tech clears and reset a bunch of stuff in the network trying to fix phone ,but he had me go to settings, I used search icon and searched “network settings”. I clicked “reset network settings” on my phone.  Meanwhile I got the 5a error. Instead of unplugging  the 4g lte expander I just let it sit powered on and after a while it started working through it itself past the 5a (during this I cycled through the unit by pushing the hidden button on the side of unit and it showed I was connected to 10 satellites) then I got the 7a failure 30 mins later,  I let it sit while they were resetting stuff in my network for my phone issues which was about 60 minutes It sat on. Another SeGw connection for 30 mins more or less. As I was finishing up my call where they had to send out another phone, I noticed I had full 4g bars when I had previous only has the first tiny line. The screen was now off on the extender( I should note I had dialed #48 during one of my previous 5 attempts so I didn’t need to do it again, but I did it anyway and it said I was connected to extender 2 times and hung up)

All set and using it now since 2pm today. What I also noted is my mobile data would not work if I had cellular data on and my normal Wi-Fi, so I have to turn off my Wi-Fi on the phone and mobile data works and vice versu.  It appears to cause a glitch in certain apps. Right now I have both on and google works but I do run into some issues with certain apps and things with both on. This includes calls and texts, but that was the regular issue I was having with my phone initially and why I called Verizon for the 5th time, the lte extender was my second topic. I guess I’ll know tomorrow when the replacement phone arrives. 
In short, make sure they have the extender MAC addy and it’s on in their system, then just let that thing sit plugged in even if it shows an error as in my case, it worked itself past the error just being plugged in for a few hours. Remember the side button which lets you cycle through info once it’s past acquiring satellites. I ran the satellites antenna from the back cover and ran it out my front door just during setup but once working I was able to hide it back inside the unit after under the bottom cover. Good luck people, I know I was ready to throw it through a wall prior to just letting it sit all plugged in and setup. I suggest rebooting your modem, then router first, then adding the extender. Hopefully this works for someone like me. 

0 Likes
Dleewalk

I had the same problem.  Bought the network extender in February and it worked great for a month.  Then it quit working and was stuck trying to connect to the SeGW server.  Tried unplugging and doing the factory reset, rebooted the modem, all to no avail.  Finally called customer support, went thru way too many menus, finally got connected to a Tier 1 support person. No help, and was telling me the unit had no warranty.  Finally he decided he couldn't help, so he transferred me to a tier 2 tech support person.  She was knowledgeable and did her magic to re-register the MAC ID of the unit to my account and it came right up. What with all the initial menus, waiting on hold for awhile, talking to the Tier 1 guy, and finally the Tier 2 person, I was on the phone over an hour, but did finally get it fixed.  I asked the Tier 2 person if it happened again, could I someway go in and fix it myself and she said no.  You have to call.  So if you do, when you finally get the Tier 1 person, ask to be transferred to Tier 2 immediately.

0 Likes
Dleewalk

See my response below yours.

0 Likes
todfhunt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tier2 tech was 0 help. Had no idea what he was doing. Had me remove all firewalls on my router, which I did (which is bad idea). Rebooted extender, and still nothing. Then, despite insisting it was Xfinity’s firewall problem, he told me I needed to factory reset my router. What?! That makes no sense and will only turn on the factory firewall settings again. We just turned them off. Even the Xfinity tech laughed and said they hear this frequently, and that it’s not the problem. That was 90 min into my 4th call to Verizon to get this fixed. 12 hours later it’s still stuck on SeGW server. I hear ATT will give you a free extender. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@todfhunt wrote:

Tier2 tech was 0 help. Had no idea what he was doing. Had me remove all firewalls on my router, which I did (which is bad idea). Rebooted extender, and still nothing. Then, despite insisting it was Xfinity’s firewall problem, he told me I needed to factory reset my router. What?! That makes no sense and will only turn on the factory firewall settings again. We just turned them off. Even the Xfinity tech laughed and said they hear this frequently, and that it’s not the problem. That was 90 min into my 4th call to Verizon to get this fixed. 12 hours later it’s still stuck on SeGW server. I hear ATT will give you a free extender. 

VZW's SeGW's are at sg.vzwfemto.com.  If you ping or traceroute to them you may see issues with various addresses.  Some/one of them may be having issues.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes