Network Extender with iPhone 6
__KC__

My new 4g LTE Nework Extender is up and running in service - and works fine with my Samsung 6 phone (#48 says I am under coverage and works well throughout area.)

However I cannot get our iPhone 6 phones to work using the extender - #48 always says not under coverage no matter distance or settings I've tried to alter on the phone.

What I have tried so far:

• Disabled LTE voice (and all to also check) and it made no difference
  • Reset network settings on phone completely and started over
  • Restarted phone multiple times in combination with above two

Looking for a resolution or have to return the extender if can't get it to work with the iPhones.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender with iPhone 6
Weth
Legend

Why not just use wifi calling and forget the extender?

0 Likes
DAVKLO54

Did you get a resolution to this because I'm having the same issue.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Did you try wifi calling if you have a capable phone. Less hassle and it works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAVKLO54 Our 4G network extender is a great solution for indoor service. We want it to work well with your iPhone devices. Aside from the #48 and send not working, how are the calls overall on the iPhones?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

this is not a soluition for many people as SMS texts are not automatically routed over wifi as well.

DAVKLO54

When I set Enable LTE to OFF, the extender works great with my iPhone6.  If I have that set to anything else, it doesn't work and calls are dropped or can't even connect.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Like I said, with 6 and above, don't even bother with extender, use wifi calling. 

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is not a solution - wifi calling is not acceptable in my situation Because SMS texts do not automatically get routed over wifi - but thanks

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes they do!  When  VZW wifi is in upper left instead of Verizon, calls, SMS, and MMS are all route over wifi.  Where did you get your incorrect info? 

0 Likes