Network Extender
ISLANDLAWNBOY
Enthusiast - Level 2

just got a replacement phone (motorola z play) and won't connect to my network extender. My old one did. I've unplug the extender and plugged it back in and still won't connect

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Network Extender
ISLANDLAWNBOY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked the advance setting and it was turned on. I turned it off and it connected. Thank you for your help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Which model extender do you have?  What do the status lights show?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of being able to get connected to your extender ISLANDLAWNBOY. We want to be sure to get this issue resolved. You provided some good details and jav6 asked some important questions. In addition to that information, please tell us what is happening when you try to connect to the extender. Are other devices in your home having trouble connecting to the extender?

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ISLANDLAWNBOY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have one of older models Samsung extenders. All 4 lights are blue all the time and none of the other decvices connecting to it. I didn't have any problems until I got the replacement phone. Since I was last on here the phone does connect to it intermittently. I may need to upgrade to a newer version of the network extender but I don't want to unless I have to.

0 Likes
ISLANDLAWNBOY
Enthusiast - Level 2

correction, other devices do connect to the extender.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those additional details ISLANDLAWNBOY. We want to ensure your replacement device is properly set up for use of the extender. Since you're utilizing the older network extender, can you advise if the Advanced Calling is turned off on your replacement Z Play? You can check this under Settings>Advanced Calling and ensuring this option is turned off. 

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ISLANDLAWNBOY,

I appreciate the addtional clarification of the issues you are having connecting to your network extender. We want to check all the informaiton so we can get to the bottom of the issues you are having. To clarify, what model network extender do you have? 

I ask as a lot of our old models are 3G and not 4G, so I want to make sure your HD voice is not enabled on your replacement device, if a 3G extender, as it can cause issues with connecting to 3G network extenders. 

LindseyT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ISLANDLAWNBOY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked the advance setting and it was turned on. I turned it off and it connected. Thank you for your help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome, ISLANDLAWNBOY. We're glad that worked for you.

MarcusS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DAVMCF36

Picked up a new iPhone SE & lost connection to 4g network extender, connects and drops out, voices cut in & out.  Went to settings

Cellular   

Cellular options

LTE  left this on voice and data

Roaming CHANGED THIS TO VOICE

• Problem seems solved, will turn on WiFi enable calling if it drops again.
0 Likes