Network Extender
susanj2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband and I are old school and we have cell phones through Verizon. We do not have any Wifi or internet any other way, just through our cell phones.  For the past 2 months we cannot keep a signal or get on the internet with our phones. Can we get a network extender without having other internet in the house? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure you get the support you need and that you are always able to connect reliably, susanj2011. That is far too long to be experiencing issues! I'd like to gather more information to get started troubleshooting your service concerns. Does this happen everywhere you go or in a specific location? 

The simple answer is, high speed internet is required to support a network extender.  

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@susanj2011 wrote:

My husband and I are old school and we have cell phones through Verizon. We do not have any Wifi or internet any other way, just through our cell phones.  For the past 2 months we cannot keep a signal or get on the internet with our phones. Can we get a network extender without having other internet in the house? 

As @vzw_customer_support Cheyenne implied previously the answer is, NO.  A broadband internet connection is required for the network extender device to work.

You can, however, possibly use a cell service signal booster to enhance your signal.  They generally have an outdoor antenna, indoor antenna and a booster device that amplifies the outside signal.  You'll have to determine the band used by the VZW tower your signal is coming from so you get the correct booster.  Verizon doesn't provide signal boosters, but allows them to be registered/used if they don't interfere with other signals.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes