Network Extender
DJ843

I have a network extender.  When I dial #48, I get the prompt that I am connected to the network extender.  Above the bars on my phone it shows a little picture of a house, as if I'm connected to the network extender.  However, call quality is extremely poor and I'm unable to use the phone most of the time in my apartment.

I notice I frequently have very few bars - and next to those it either says 4G or 1X.  Since the network extender is a 3G device, I'm guessing I'm not really connected to it as I should only have 3G service when connected to the network extender.

Does anyone have a guess what the issue might be, why I might not actually be connected to the network extender event though other things say I am?  Or, any guesses on what might be happening here?

All the lights on my network extender are solid blue, showing everything is working fine.

Thank you.

Dale

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DJ843, you came to the right place for assistance and we want your call quality to improve with your network extender. Based on the information you provided us it appears everything is set up correctly and you should'nt be experiecning these issue. Who is your internet provider? What are the download and upload speeds of your internet provider?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DJ843

Thank you.  Do you agree it's odd #48 says I'm connected and the little pic of a house appears, yet I'm on 4G or 1X instead of 3G?  The signal for my wifi shows strong, but the signal for my cell shows as weak, usually.

Time Warner Cable is my internet service provider.

My wireless router is a Net Gear CG3000Dv2.

My download/upload speeds are 30/5 Mbps.

I appreciate the help.

Dale

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DJ843, thank you so much for getting back to us and let's continue working on this issue you are experiencing with your Network Extender. The picture of the house is normal, that means the device is succesfully connected to the Network Extender. The internet speeds are also very good. Please power off the Netwok Extender and the router for a bout 2 minutes, then turn the router on first followed by the Network Extender. Please wait until all the lights are back to normal and make a test call. Please keep us posted.

GersonG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DJ843

Hi.  I have unplugged it and removed all cables, but still no change.  Quality is poor.

I know the network extender is 3G.  Should my phone ever say 4G or 1X if it is connected to a 3G network extender?  I'm guessing this is where the problem is.  I believe my phone should say 3G when connected to the network extender, but it does not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome. Thank you for doing those steps for us DJ843. Now, let's get your voice quality back to crystal clear. We will mind out what is making the device fluctuate. What make/model phone do you have? You tried connecting other devices to the network extender? If so, so they experience the same issue?

JorgeO_VZW

0 Likes
DJ843

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.  Other devices get poor reception as well.

I recall when I had a different router, I had you help me as well, as we needed to open ports on the router, and tell my internet company to do some sort of clean on the line as it was choppy (but you gave me more technical terms than that).  I think this is where the issue is, as I am not getting good phone quality as I'm on 1X...not the 3G network extender.  The router may be blocking something and I don't know how to free it up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DJ843, we want you to get the good quality that you previously had. Click the link below for more troubleshooting steps to try on your network extender:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender/

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes