Network extender brand new 11/20 version 1.7
a320hockey

Here are my issues with network extender.  Bought it because 1-2 bars at most inside house and outside. .

-.  Originally had a network extender 2 bought 7/2020. Everything worked fine until    3 weeks ago. Internet went out and recovered normally. Then it never worked or worked intermittently at best.

-many hours with tech support level 2.  Finally sent me a new network extender version 1.7

- I have iPhones  one iPhone 7, two iPhone 11’s. All have VOLTE ON.  ALL have HD voice enabled with Verizon.  Have done all the settings recommended plus network resets for phones.  Wi-Fi calling is off.  The phones all work fine away from house and at house on those rare times I can get the extender to work.

- NETWORK Extender.  I’ve done several resets plus factory resets.  It will show as many as 5 devices connected to as few as zero.  Shows in service.

** I have been getting error codes 27/32 at times and the booster seems at some point to eventually get back in service.

- network extender admin page

1. I also show devices working anywhere from 0:at times to more than 3.  When I have 4 bar signals On my phone and everything seems to be hooked up, I dial #48 and get not under network extender coverage.  I’m next to booster when doing this.

**  When I look at GPS strength I’m anywhere from two green satellites up to Ten. no issues finding satellites  antenna is in a window  

** when I look at alarms history these two issues keep coming up at different times of the day

SCTP link failure       HB failed over criteria

IOSec down              This alarm is an indication of us-successful IP Sec tunnel set    
                                    Up with the SeGW(security gateway) due to failing DPD, etc 

I have a luxul router with a 5G luxul extender. Had Best Buy come out yesterday to do a couple of MX items and ensure my xfinity router was in bridge mode to ensure the Luxul routers are fine. My internet is fine and when bring up it addresses of routers they are fine. When I ping the Verizon extender it is fine.  

I have a ticket with Verizon and naturally it’s been more then 72 when they were suppose to call.

There is zero tech support to help and or fix this issue.  I’m not in zero coverage with Verizon. I’ve done every reset imaginable to phones/router.  

So what’s the issue and when and how can you fix.  Zero tech support resolution and waiting for your help on my ticket created

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network extender brand new 11/20 version 1.7
jav6
Champion - Level 3

If you search this Community Forum, you'll find numerous threads with discussions regarding the Network Extenders and iPhone connectivity issues.  There haven't been any solutions either.  Good luck.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
a320hockey

I have searched these forums and yes I see zero results. I’ve also not seen anyone with the detail I’ve just given.  If unable to resolve I’ll switch carriers again.

0 Likes
a320hockey

More information to the above post.  Spent 1 hour plus with tier 2 support.  One of the things I notice is how many devices are connected to the extender.  I sometimes see 5-6 devices when I only have 3 devices.  Unlike your router where you can protect who does and does not have access, the network extenders under 4GLTE have no such feature.  So it’s possible my phones wander and have picked up other extenders.  Even more problematic is the band width explained to me must be changed to alleviate this problem. They are going to do just that.  If you live in close proximity to others and have cell issues, others likely have the same issues. 

when I log into the network admin page under advanced settings, I can see not only neighboring cells but also network extenders in use.  This conflict can cause everything to look and seem normal.  However, the key is when you dial

and if you get “not under network extender coverage, etc, you know there is an issue.

I hope this post’s May help some of you.  It’s not in chat rooms and not the Tier 1 support at Verizon.  It’s taken many hours of calls to get some reasonable idea of the problem. Hope this helps

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The amount of time invested I know is upsetting. What is the ticket number that was submitted? 

-David_VZW

0 Likes
a320hockey

NRB000010352687

and if it shows resolved the issue was not fixed nor resolved

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern. Please note, at this time the 4G LTE Network Extenders don't have access to whitelist phone numbers. We have submitted your feedback and hope they will release a future software update to add this feature. When did you start experiencing this issue? How close is your neighbor? - ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can look into this for you. Please send us a Private Note to proceed.

0 Likes
Jessmel

It is important to note that we are on our second new extender and having the same problem. I can stand next to the extender and it continues to show zero devices connected. If multiple people are having this issue, Verizon needs to take it seriously.  I have spend close to 60 hours on the line and spoken with about 19 Verizon agents (mostly tech support - tier 2 and supervisors and 2 Customer Service "Loyalty" agents.  We went from having excellent service for over two years in our location to terrible service and are told we are in a "marginal service area". What happened in late September or early October? Considering reaching out to Consumer Reports.  So frustrated.  We don't want to leave Verizon as we have 5 devices with family members in multiple states. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for such detailed information, and it's vital to ensure that your equipment and its service are working correctly at all times. It saddens us to hear that you're now using a second network extender and that the service issues you were experiencing persists. We've also noted that you've reached out to our Customer Service/Technical Support Team and supervisors several times for assistance, and we apologize for your inconvenience. This is certainly not the experience we ever want for you, and we don't want to lose you as our customer. Let's continue working together to get this matter resolved, as we'll need your help to gain access to your account so that we can view the troubleshooting steps and notations made for your account. Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes