Network extender changing my time zone
Rogercarp2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just installed a Verizon network extender.  Extender works great, but is is changing the time zone on our phones from eastern time to central time.   

Labels (1)
Re: Network extender changing my time zone
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Rogercarp2 wrote:

Just installed a Verizon network extender.  Extender works great, but is is changing the time zone on our phones from eastern time to central time.   

There's a thread from August of last year with this same issue and I also experienced it moving my extender from my home to my son's 30 miles away.  It wasn't resolved specifically, but I think the issue just went away after a day or so, maybe with a software update or a server reset somewhere.  Have you restarted your extender to see if that helps?

Wrong location when connected to 4G LTE extender - Verizon Community (verizonwireless.com)

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
millionman
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having the same problem.   Any luck?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let us now if you're still experiencing any issues with your Verizon service. We have live agent support standing by anytime for assistance. - NicholasS_VZW

bbanic27
Contributor - Level 1

Still experiencing this issue

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your devices to display the right time. Let's see what's going on. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
Susanszs
Enthusiast - Level 2

I continually have this problem since changing to this new and improved Network Extender in March 2021.  Anyone that comes to our location and their phone connects (automatically) to the Extender will have their time zone changed.  

I have Reset, Factory Reset, checked the Time Zone settings in Admin Web.       I just now changed the Setting of "Connected Devices" to "Set by Verizon" to see if that might work.  ??????  I will post if this works??????

We have multiple people that travel into different Time Zones, so one of the solutions I was given is to keep phones on Manual Date and Time;  NO not an option!!!

Anyone that has a solution I will be interested in trying!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have an excellent experience with your Network Extender, Susanszs. We see that you have done some troubleshooting and you are now testing with another step on the settings ("Set by Verizon"). Your efforts are greatly appreciated and we want to ensure that your concerns are fully resolved, please keep us posted on the results with the new settings after you test for a few days. -Antonio

0 Likes
daknapp
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, how do the rest of us get this changed?  Mine is showing EST, and I live in CST.  I don't want to call 4 times into Verizon to try and get to a Tier 2 person just to correct it.  Verizon knows this is a know issue and a tech bulletin should be sent out and the ability to get it fixed the first time.

Susanszs
Enthusiast - Level 2

@daknapp 

We could swapp, LOL