Network extender data requirements
Whpowell

I have very limited internet data availability. The LTE Network Extender requires an internet connection to operate. How much data will the network extender use in day to day operation? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network extender data requirements
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Whpowell wrote:

I have very limited internet data availability. The LTE Network Extender requires an internet connection to operate. How much data will the network extender use in day to day operation? 

From the LTE Network Extender v1.7 User Manual:

The 4G LTE Network Extender must be connected to an available LAN port on a router or modem with always-on Internet access with a minimum download speed of 10 Mbps and an upload speed of 5 Mbps.

The actual data used will depend on the number of calls/texts you have.  If that is all you're using it for, then the data usage should be relatively small and sporadic.  You would probably have to monitor your internet connection data consumption prior to the extenders' installation and after to see the actual difference.

Who is your internet service provider and what speeds do you have?

Is WiFi calling an option?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Network extender data requirements
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Whpowell, I want to help make sure that you can get the best help possible. So we can look into your Network Extender, please send us a Private Note! 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes