Network extender not connecting to iPhone 13
Philmfla
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded my phone from an iPhone 11 Pro to a 13 Pro.  I have multiple phones connected to a 4G Samsung Network Extender.  My older phones continue to connect to the Network Extender but the new phone will NOT.  I changed every setting I can on the phone (5G to LTE), turn off WiFi calling, restarted phone, restarted network extender.  

I read all messages in this community and I haven't seen a solution.  Has anyone with an iPhone 12 or 13 successfully been able to use their network extender?

Labels (1)
Re: Network extender not connecting to iPhone 13
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there Philmfla and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are excited to hear that you have the new iPhone 13 but not so excited to hear about the issues you are experiencing. Help has arrived to look into this matter closer for you. What software version are you running on the device that will not connect? -Candice

0 Likes
ribbenst

I have noticed the same problem with my new iPhone 13 Pro with latest iOS.

TR

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want your network extender to work. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
Philmfla
Enthusiast - Level 2

I resolved the issue but not 100% sure what did it. I did the following. On the phone I shut down and turned on phone.  I turned off wifi and turned it back on.  Still didn’t connect.  I used my laptop  and went to the Verizon support page and selected the network extender under my devices.  You can now add or delete phone numbers allowed to connect to the network extender.  I deleted the iPhone 13 phone number and added it back.  I got an error on the webpage after I made the change to come back later there was a problem.  I refreshed the webpage and the number was deleted.  I added it back, got error again but I refreshed and it did indeed add it back.  Still no change on the phone. I removed into the network extender from my computer (using the extenders IP address). Everything appeared to be working properly. I cycled power on the network extender.   Still no change.   Next morning I look at my phone and it was connected.  I did all these steps within 15 minutes so I recommend you try it.  

0 Likes
risled

Hi! Does your 13 pro now connect to your 4G LTE network extender? I'm considering buying the 13 pro, but am pretty hesitant as my home needs to use a network extender in order to have cell phone service. Please let me know if I should take the 5G leap or stick with my iPhone 11. Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yes, iPhone 13 series is compatible with our 4G LTE Network Extender!

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
risled

Thank you Cheyenne for the quick reply. I'm still a little concerned since I tried using a 12 pro a year ago and it didn't work, which left me with no cell service while at home. I returned the phone because of that very issue. How can I be sure it will work with the 13 pro?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

risled, I would like to take a step back here. May I ask what model extender you have at home. I want to ensure we get you the correct information you need.

-Christine

0 Likes
Philmfla
Enthusiast - Level 2

The iPhone 13 pro does connect now but I disabled 5G on it because I find that keeping it set to auto the connection for data outside the home is very slow as the 5G signal is weak in my area.  So far I’m not at all impressed with 5G and don’t see the benefit.  

0 Likes