Network extender not working in new house n all lights blue
Zemesmom

We recently moved from our old house where extender worked like a charm but since we moved to new house all lights show blue but it doesn't make signal strength any better. Any ideas on what I can do

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network extender not working in new house n all lights blue
kzrinc

I have the same problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that we get to the bottom of the Network Extender issues. May I ask if the network extender is near a window? What happens when you attempt to connect to the extender?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Zemesmom

Hi, yes it is sitting in a window and all lights are blue. I have tried the *48 but that seems like no longer in service. It hasn't boosted my signal like it did before and I haven't been able to find anything online. Any help would be great

Stacey Thomas

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kzrinc,

We definitely want to make sure that you are able to stay connected and get the most our of your extender. How long have you had these troubles? Does the extender also show all blue status lights? What happens when you check to see if you're connected when dialing #48 in range?

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this insight. What happens when you attempt to call or text? Have you recently power cycled the device?
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
Zemesmom

Hi when I dial *48 it says call can not be completely as dialed check the number and try again. All lights on the extender are blue and my phone makes the 2tones when I dial out however signal strength does not change when the extender is on or off. Where we live we normally get a bar or 2 of service with or with out the extender, however at our old house we had almost no service and with extender running correctly we had full cellular service. I just last week had our internet provider come and move our internet router out of our basement thinking perhaps that was the problem with the extender, but that has not solved the problem. Shouldn't it give me a stronger cellular signal when it is on n appears to be functioning correctly??

Stacey Thomas

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all that you've done thus far, Stacey. Have you had any dropped calls or service issue? Are you using the same internet service with the same speeds?
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
Zemesmom

No dropped call but as I've said I have one bar of service strength normally at my house. And Internet is through same supplier but updated router and faster speed area

Stacey Thomas

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stacey, we appreciate you getting back to us with that. Have you attempted restarting the network extender to refresh the connection?

0 Likes