Re: Network extender stuck on "connecting to segw server please wait"
Qdavid

I bought my LTE 4G extender yesterday and it it stuck on 'connecting to segw server please wait'.

Can you verify the store that I bought it at activated it?

FYI - I'm on a family plan and my brother pays the Bills so not sure if they got confused and got his information.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm very sorry to hear that you've run into trouble when attempting to set up your Network Extender, Qdavid. We're here to help get you up and running ASAP. I have replied to your Private Note, we look forward to your response.

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes
228washburn

I'm setting up a new LTE Network Extender 3 (ASK-SFE116) and it gets stuck at "connecting to SeGW server" for over an hour. In the web interface, under Settings-> Advanced-> Neighboring Cells Detected it's stuck at "Update is in progress ..." with the list of cells unpopulated. Have tried moving it to better signal locations and power cycling.

I need to resolve this quickly or send it back.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@228washburn wrote:

I'm setting up a new LTE Network Extender 3 (ASK-SFE116) and it gets stuck at "connecting to SeGW server" for over an hour. In the web interface, under Settings-> Advanced-> Neighboring Cells Detected it's stuck at "Update is in progress ..." with the list of cells unpopulated. Have tried moving it to better signal locations and power cycling.

I need to resolve this quickly or send it back.

You could call the National Accessibility Cust Svc Center at 888-262-1999 for Network Extender technical support.  They may need to ensure the device/MAC ID is activated properly on your account.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

Can someone from Verizon please suggest that they get a support number strictly to support Extenders?  It would save Verizon tons of money from the wasted hours on support calls and would alleviate frustrated customers.  I also spent many hours trying to get my Extender working.  Many of the support people that I worked with knew absolutely nothing about the Extenders and wasted mine and Verizons time.

I recently switched to Verizon from Sprint.  Sprint had a dedicated support number for the Extenders.  So when you called you always got a rep who knew these devices and what to look for.

In my case, after spending many many hours with support, I found that these will not work if you are a Prepaid customer.  This should have take about 30 seconds with support to figure this out but you get someone from out of the country who tries to help but does not know anything about supporting these devices.   Even when I got to 2nd level support most reps still did not know about these units.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@ssprill wrote:

Can someone from Verizon please suggest that they get a support number strictly to support Extenders?  It would save Verizon tons of money from the wasted hours on support calls and would alleviate frustrated customers.  I also spent many hours trying to get my Extender working.  Many of the support people that I worked with knew absolutely nothing about the Extenders and wasted mine and Verizons time.

I recently switched to Verizon from Sprint.  Sprint had a dedicated support number for the Extenders.  So when you called you always got a rep who knew these devices and what to look for.

In my case, after spending many many hours with support, I found that these will not work if you are a Prepaid customer.  This should have take about 30 seconds with support to figure this out but you get someone from out of the country who tries to help but does not know anything about supporting these devices.   Even when I got to 2nd level support most reps still did not know about these units.

I don't recall the details but I was referred to the National Accessibility Customer Service Center for Network Extender technical support at 888-262-1999.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
revjaytee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I am fed up with this whole segw server thing.  I have talked to Verizon for hours!  Plus even tier 2 tries to sell you the protection plan...all I want is for this thing to work.

They filed an engineering ticket...they said they would be getting back with me...two days later, an email saying everything checks out.  Um...no it doesn't.  Plus they apparently don't read these messages or know that this is a COMMON issue.  

Please please I need to get this working.  Oh, and they give you instructions on port forwarding...but the SEGW port forwarding we don't have access to, so....yeah.

Anyone from Verizon actually read these?  And further, anyone at Verizon know how to fix this issue?

Close to sending back...like everyone else. Has ANYONE got this problem resolved, and, if so, what did you finally do?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Network Extender. Here is a link with the steps when having issues with the SeGW: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-204105/

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Jmacken1225
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am currently experiencing the same issue.  Mine stopped working on 12/29 out of the blue and I made no changes.  It would connect and then disconnect every few minutes.  After several calls, Verizon sent me a new box and it's stuck on this step. It's been over a month and still not fixed.

skriddles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ditto to revjaytee! IF YOU GOT A SOLUTION, PLEASE SHARE! The suggestions I've found so far include moving the GPS device, which is on the extender cable, to a south-facing window with a clear sky view and rebooting my router and the extender. None of that helped. Two people in this forum said to confirm with Verizon that the device is activated for your account, which requires a tier 2 tech, so don't bother with the chat. They told me to call 866-271-7730, option 2, between 8 am & 7 pm local time (which for me is EST.)

0 Likes