Network extender stuck on "connecting to segw server please wait"
J-B2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am still having this problem with extender I got yesterday. Can someone from Verizon support contact me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network extender stuck on "connecting to segw server please wait"
1fallsr

I have the exact same problem.  Message boards provide no solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that you network extender works to deliver signal inside your home. That said, I'd like to help. To best assist I need to gather a few details. When did the issue first start? What troubleshooting steps have you completed, if any?

0 Likes
reldaz

I have the same problem. I just got the Extender, and hooked it to my router. I have Fiber Optic Internet. It did everything just fine until it got to "Connecting to SeGW server". Very frustrating!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@reldaz wrote:

I have the same problem. I just got the Extender, and hooked it to my router. I have Fiber Optic Internet. It did everything just fine until it got to "Connecting to SeGW server". Very frustrating!

Have you called support, 800-922-0204, to have them ensure the MAC ID of your extender is activated on your account?  They might have to remove/re-add it to your account to ensure the server has it activated properly for authentication.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
stroudy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem... the store where I bought it forgot to activate to my account. You need to speak with a person in tech support (which is hard to do sometimes) and get them to activate the unit based on the MAC address

Marenpalmer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did this work?  I had a Verizon’s customer support person tell me that I needed to contact my internet provider and tell them to open about 15 different ports???  Anyone else told this?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Marenpalmer wrote:

Did this work?  I had a Verizon’s customer support person tell me that I needed to contact my internet provider and tell them to open about 15 different ports???  Anyone else told this?

The LTE Network Extender User Guide has a table of port usage.  The VzW SeGW uses UDP 500 or 4500.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
KURT2405

The issue started the instant I turned the unit on. So from the very beginning.

0 Likes
KURT2405

So how to I "Open Ports" on my Verizon Quantum Router. I'm not a super techie, but am tech savvy. Need some guidance.

0 Likes