Re: Network extender stuck on "connecting to segw server please wait"
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Jbaughccm wrote:

I've found my private message.  But I see no mechanism for responding to it.

You have to open the message by clicking on the 'subject' line which should be a link to the actual message.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
ksdz34

Network extender will not connect to the segw server 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@ksdz34 wrote:

Network extender will not connect to the segw server 

Where are you located (zip code)?  What troubleshooting have you done?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Jbaughccm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am located in northern Utah. I have done the following in an attempt to fix this:

1. Talked to Verizon tech. She removed my MAC ID from the system and then re-entered it. Reset extender to factory and tried to connect. Unsuccessful. 

2. To r/o modem as cause, I replaced my modem with another one I had on hand. Registered it with Comcast. Tried again, unsuccessfully, to connect. 

3. To r/o router as cause I disconnected my Google Nest Mesh router and replaced it with my ASUS router I had used previously. Once again same problem. 

4. Over the course of 2 ½ days I factory reset the extender and tried reconnecting at least a dozen times. I also tried changing out Ethernet cables.

I finally ran out of troubleshooting ideas. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for following those steps, DeAnneRoe. I definitely want your Network Extender to work properly. I want to take a closer look and fix this. I'm sending a private message so we can continue.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your service and device concerns are our concerns too and we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems accessing our Private Message link. Let's continue working together. Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to set up your Network Extender. Have you checked your firewall settings on your router to ensure that all the necessary ports are open for the Network Extender to connect?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you retried troubleshooting steps? Please unplug it and plug it back in. 

0 Likes
lizardrock11

I had the same problem after receiving our network extender this afternoon. It was stuck on "Connecting to SeGW Server..." for several hours each of 3 different times. 

After reading here about checking firewall settings, I looked at our router and found I had disabled VPN passthrough for IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP a few weeks ago when I was trying to keep our teenaged son from running VPNs to get around parental controls.

Enabling those protocol passthroughs fixed the issue. The extended booted up and went active within 15 minutes. 

0 Likes
Dlcurie69

Extender is stuck on connecting to segw server. 

0 Likes