Network extender
theelaw1971

Here I am again...being significantly impacted by one of my neighbors network extenders! If I wanna make a call...forget about it unless I stand on my head and pray at the same time! Web surfing? NOT! I have called, I have gone to the store and everyday at least 5x a day my phone looses it's connection. I have prepaid service so I purchased my phone from Amazon which of course was significantly but doesn't have all the features like this "advanced calling" thing that I hear would solve all my problems! It's ridiculous that there isn't something else that can be done to combat the problem but I think my ultimate fix is to switch carriers which I hate to think of doing but I can't not be able to make a call in my house. It's ridiculous that I pay for a service that literally doesn't work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network extender
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

A network extender is issued if you're in a poor coverage area. Your neighbor having one and not you doesn't make any sense. On top of that, you need to be within 15 ft to even connect to it so you wouldn't be from your house.

0 Likes
theelaw1971

As much as I appreciate your unfounded opinion, that's exactly what it is. How could you possibly respond with a message that basically says that I'm stupid? Wow. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to learn of the issues you're having with your neighbors network. What phone do you have? Do you have Verizon prepaid services?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Doggo wrote:

A network extender is issued if you're in a poor coverage area. Your neighbor having one and not you doesn't make any sense. On top of that, you need to be within 15 ft to even connect to it so you wouldn't be from your house.

If you're familiar with the newer LTE Network Extenders, you should know that you can control the transmit power of the signal generated.  This allows the owner to somewhat control how far the extenders' signal will cover.  The 15 ft limit might be a limit on an older extender or a certain transmit power level of the newer extenders.

@theelaw1971  If you have a cordial relationship with your neighbor with the extender, you might ask them which model it is and whether they can reduce the transmit power level so it doesn't include your house.  That might not affect their use in/around their own house/property.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes