New 4G network extender cannot be activated by Verizon, any more info?!
MEG_HAGERTY
Enthusiast - Level 2

My 4G network extender won't get past step 8b. I called Verizon and gave them the MAC address and they said it is a known issue. Can I get some information as to when this issue may be resolved? It looks like it has been going on for at least a week.  I'd like to know why a product that was ordered from Verizon is not working with Verizons network.  After waiting on hold for about 30 minutes, the first tech kept on asking me if I was reading the MAC address wrong.  He then sends me to a level 2 tech who did the exact same thing.  I finally found a post about it from 9 days ago and he looked into it.  It seems that there is a major ticket bug issued for this problem and barely anyone in technical support knows about it.

Has anyone else received any information regarding this issue?  This is extremely frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New 4G network extender cannot be activated by Verizon, any more info?!
MEG_HAGERTY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got off the phone with Verizon and they entered the MAC again and it worked this time.  Now we finally have coverage!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ZoSo1030
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue.  I attempted to install my first unit on Friday Sept 16th.  It got to Step 9 then says "Device Not Activated.  Call Verizon Support."  After giving the MAC to three different techs, various reboots, resets, etc, the third tech determined it was a faulty unit, and they sent me a replacement.

I got the replacement Monday Sept 19th, hooked it up, and guess what...  same thing.  Logging into the admin panel via my laptop, I can see I have 8 strong satellite signals.  It does say "IPSec Unreachable" though.  Thinking it was my internet/router config, I accessed my internet router, and forwarded port 500 (for IPSec) to the IP address of the Network Extender.  I even put the Network Extender IP into the DMZ setting (opens ALL ports).  Made sure VPN Passthrough is enabled...  No change.  I removed the wireless router from my home network and plugged the network extended directly into my internet modem.  NO CHANGE.  This definitely seems to be a problem on VZW's side.  Looks like an issue with Verizon authenticating VPN tunnel/IPSec requests from the network extenders.

This needs to be addressed and remedied immediately.  I hope any updates will be posted here.

If anyone else has an insight, please share.  The more they are aware of the problem the better!

ipodtouch
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have the SAME ISSUE happening, i've spoken to about 5 techs, 4/5 told me to basically wait sit on my finger and spin.

1 tech was helpful in a way but didn't fix the issue.

I contacted all the other vendors possible,  we even went direct to modem, we still get this issue.

the problem is that IPSEC is trying to communicate and Verizon gets the packet info but doesn't send anything back, at all no reply whatsoever, so of course its not working.

I even pointed out this thread to several techs  and they were like, yeah okay great. wait in line.

thanks guys its only NOT been working for about 2-3 weeks now.

0 Likes
katim_vzw
Verizon Employee

MEG.HAGERTY,

Activating your personal cell site is a must. I apologize for the delay and troubles you have been having. I value your time. What happens when you get to the step you can’t get past?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MEG_HAGERTY
Enthusiast - Level 2

The 4G network extender gets to step 9 and then displays "Device Not Active Call Verizon Support"  I spoke with multiple techs who I gave the MAC address to and then they get a device ID error.  Last I was told was that this was a known issue and to just wait.  I didn't realize that this has been going on with other people for weeks now, and that is not acceptable, especially when people pay to use this device.  Can you give me an update on the status of this issue and when it plans on being resolved?

0 Likes
MEG_HAGERTY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am 24 hours away from taking my business to AT&T, which has great service in my area, without the need for a network extender that Verizon tries to get people to pay for.  I have been paying for service for the last week and I have not been able to get any service in my house or neighborhood.  This device was supposed to resolve this issue, but instead brought a new problem with it.  Unbelievable...

JOEMCN37
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue, support tells me there is no information to share and no ETA for a solution.

Very frustrating!

0 Likes
ipodtouch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey, meg.

try factory resetting your router and trying again.

Not a Verizon technician.

-Dave

0 Likes
LEGACYOFBOB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same issue. I bought my LTE Network Extender on Tuesday over the phone and the sales person of course didn't mention any issues with the newer extender (I am replacing an existing 3G extender) and when I get it and try to set it up I'm being told by support that they cannot activate them and they added my name to a large ticket and it may be a few weeks before it's working. Love that they can sell you this stuff without it working. On the upside I pushed the rep a little and he agreed that I would be 100% credited for my bill until they could get the network extender working, so I advise all of you to demand the same. I'll try to reply back here once mine is working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’d be heartbroken to see you go and definitely want to make sure your network extender is up and running, MEG.HAGERTY. We’d like to continue working together. Have you unplugged all devices and powered up again? This can take up to an hour to complete activation. Please complete this step and let us know what happens. 

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes