New VZW Customer with LTE Network Extender error 8c issue
MTNmadness

Greetings, our service in the NC mountains is non-existent, so I contacted tech support. After over an hour of frustration I asked for a supervisor/manager. Within a few minutes he offered to try a network extender, and I verified minimum download/upload speeds (11Mbps down, 6 Mbps up). The rep offered me 1/2 price, but I needed to drive over an hour 1 way to pick up the device at a company store.

Upon return I connected it to my router and started the boot up process. It failed at error 8C (connecting to HeMS server). The initial call to tech support ended with a new network extender being shipped to me, which arrived yesterday.

I followed the same process of hooking it up and plugging it in, and the same error code ensued.  I have contact tech support again, and he initiated a trouble ticket. 

Has anyone gotten this error 8c resolved? If so please reply asap. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New VZW Customer with LTE Network Extender error 8c issue
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@MTNmadness wrote:

Greetings, our service in the NC mountains is non-existent, so I contacted tech support. After over an hour of frustration I asked for a supervisor/manager. Within a few minutes he offered to try a network extender, and I verified minimum download/upload speeds (11Mbps down, 6 Mbps up). The rep offered me 1/2 price, but I needed to drive over an hour 1 way to pick up the device at a company store.

Upon return I connected it to my router and started the boot up process. It failed at error 8C (connecting to HeMS server). The initial call to tech support ended with a new network extender being shipped to me, which arrived yesterday.

I followed the same process of hooking it up and plugging it in, and the same error code ensued.  I have contact tech support again, and he initiated a trouble ticket. 

Has anyone gotten this error 8c resolved? If so please reply asap. Thanks

What type of internet service do you have?  Satellite internet service is not supported by the extender.  Have you ensured with tech support that the extenders' MAC ID has been properly associated with your account?

Have you searched this Forum for 'HeMS' to see other posts regarding this issue?

Network Extender Will not connect to SeGw or HeMS ... - Verizon Community

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
MTNmadness

Thanks jav6. Yes, I researched the forums and found many people with the same or similar issue, but none that offered a definitive fix. Both times I spoke with tech support they asked for the last 4 digits of the mac ID, but we haven't tried deleting or reentering it yet. I'm on skybest fiberoptic and am supposed to have 12mbps service.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@MTNmadness wrote:

Thanks jav6. Yes, I researched the forums and found many people with the same or similar issue, but none that offered a definitive fix. Both times I spoke with tech support they asked for the last 4 digits of the mac ID, but we haven't tried deleting or reentering it yet. I'm on skybest fiberoptic and am supposed to have 12mbps service.

You might have Verizon tech support remove and re-install the MAC ID on your account. I believe this has worked for others as it was not associated properly to the account in their database(s).  Hopefully you'll get a tech who is familiar with whatever the proper procedure is for it to work.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly take a look to see if it may be a simple fix. Please send us a Private note, so we can try to re-enter the MAC ID, and verify the upload, and download speeds.

*Gert

0 Likes