Not getting all calls through network extender.. What can I do to fix it?
jprdg

We  have a verizon network extender in our den.  I was sitting no more than 3 feet away from it (with my phone)  and missed a call.    Phone shows we are connected to extender.  I called #48   and it says we are connected,  but no call!   So frustrating.   We have turned  extender & phone totally off & back on. This happens on my phone & my husband's phone.   Intermittent. We do get some calls.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not getting all calls through network extender.. What can I do to fix it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jprdg, that's a good sign. The blue light confirms that the Network Extender is registered and properly communicating with the Verizon Wireless Network. Click the link below for the steps on how to set up that device:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry your having calling issues Jprdg. Let's dive into this and see what's causing this issue. Have you reset the router? What zip code are you in? What color are the LED's?
JoeL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jprdg

Yes the router was reset

All 4 lights are bue, the bottom one is blinking/flickering intermittently

zipcode 96001

thanks

Janet

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 9:02 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
jprdg

Sorry Lights are BLUE

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 9:02 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for replying!  The Leds are great the blinking means it communicating. Have you reset the phone? Have you tried moving the extender near a window?
JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
jprdg

I have moved the extender closer to the window already It's about 4-5

feet away. I moved it 2.5 feet way from my wireless printer and try to

turn off the printer when not in use.

On resetting the phone, do you mean turn it off & back on?? I have done

that.

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Eninja
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem!  I am a 10 year internet field technician and Cisco certified.  If I can't get this working how on earth is a regular person supposed to?  I have a 200mbps connection that has zero issues with throughput or latency, my network extender is on the DMZ so there is no possible way it has any ports blocked, and we miss at least 50% of our calls, and just receive voicemail notifications.  We also get a fast busy tone while trying to call out.  Never do we lose the "network extender" notification. All of the lights are blue, and the GPS antenna is in a window. There is no more troubleshooting to be done on my end.  We spent about $200 on this device, and the only real improvement I've seen is higher success rate with the texting.  We would like a fix, or a rebate.  We could not afford this to begin with!

0 Likes
Eninja
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should add that my wife is disabled and this is our only phone.  We spent money on the extender to avoid adding another phone bill. We will not be buying your home phone device.  This should be plug and play.  If there was an issue with my network we would have issues with the audio when we actually DO make/receive calls.  If it doesn't work, it doesn't work but we can't afford what we payed for something that doesn't work.

0 Likes
jprdg

thanks for responding.

Hello Verizon! Today I missed an important phone call from a doctor . Luckily he had my landline number. Could this be a fault in the router? I really need to find a solution to this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eninja,

We certainly want to see you up & running on your network extender. Let's dive right in and take a look at what seems to be ailing your device.This device is plug and play and should be more cooperative. Could you please describe the LED lights color and if they're blinking (slow or fast) or are solid?

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes