Our network extender won't send texts with pictures
EricMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I just installed a network extender so we can try to make calls and send texts from within our home. We see an immediate improvement in calls, but it simply will not allow us to send texts with pictures in them.  Is the extender just not able to text with data, or is there a setting we missed? The problem persists across all four phones on our account and multiple messaging platforms/apps. Really at my wit's end paying nearly $400/month for service I can't use in my home!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Our network extender won't send texts with pictures
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model extender do you have?  What make/model phone is having the issue?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
EricMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Joe - It's the Samsung "Verizon 4g Network Extender 2."  The problem persists across all of our devices, including my Galaxy S9+, and three iphones (i think we have a 5, 6s, and 7).  I did some reading that suggested a different texting app would help and tried using the default and another one I'd downloaded at some point and it still continues.  It really seems to me that there's a setting somewhere that needs to be changed, or perhaps the extender just doesn't support MMS?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What is your internet service that your network extender is connected to?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to communicate and send pictures via text is important EricMD. I am sure we will figure out what is going on. What messaging application are you using? What is the make/model of your device? Have you tried sending a picture at a different location? 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EricMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a couple of days my wife said "did you try just unplugging it and plugging it back in?" I laughed and said that wasn't the problem, but did it anyway...am now it works like a champ, lol.  It's almost like it didn't initialize properly the first time? 

To answer the other questions for posterity's sake, we have xfinity wifi which gives us about 350Mbps down and 30 up.  As stated before the problem, whatever it was, affected all our devices listed  across multiple apps and only occurred when connected to the extender. It was definitely the extender, but simply cycling the power seemed to do the trick.

Thanks!

jav6
Champion - Level 3

Just another example of why we should listen to our significant other.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a very good question! Our Network Extender connects to your Wi-Fi Network to increase your data signal to a greater extent.

CecileC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

cecilec_vzw​ You should check/verify how the 4G LTE Network Extender 2 works?  I don't think it has any relation to a Wi-Fi network other than a home network may have Wi-Fi capabilities.  According to the UG:

LAN Port allows you to connect an Ethernet cable to establish communication between the Network Extender and your broadband router. This connection port is then used to transmit voice and data through the Internet to the Verizon wireless network.

0 Likes