Phone still drops calls but says it's connected
GA_TURNER
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the network extender for 2 years and it worked fine until I received my new iPhone 6. Now my phone has no more than 2 bars but says it's connected to my extender. Calls are constantly dropping. What could be the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone still drops calls but says it's connected
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GA_TURNER We certainly want your Network Extender working with your new phone. Let’s figure out what is going on. I would like you to reset the entire system. Power off the Network Extender, power off the phone. Reconnect the Network Extender, wait for the lights to go available and power on the phone. After the required hour power the phone on and test. Please keep us posted, we will get your Extender working as intended.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GA_TURNER
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried turning the extender and the phone off and on several times

and still only get 2 bars and dropped calls. My mom uses the network

extender and her phone works fine, no dropped calls.

On Friday, March 11, 2016, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GA_TURNER,

Thanks for sharing those details with us. It's important that we get your phone working better with less dropped calls. Please keep in mind that the network extender doesn't necessary change the amount of bars you're getting on the phone, so let's work towards getting the phone to hold onto the calls.

You mentioned that you've confirmed your phone is connected to the extender, did you do this by dialing #48? If so, please provide the exact message you hear when you called that number. Also, do you have HD Voice enabled on your phone? To check, go to Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE ? If it is on, please turn it off and try making a few calls. Let us know if the calling improves with this feature turned off. 

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

GA_TURNER
Enthusiast - Level 1

I checked my settings to see if HD Voice was enabled and it was, so I

turned it off. When that happened I finally got 4 bars and made several

calls and the calls stopped dropping.

On Sunday, March 13, 2016, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes