Poor service and network extender not setting up
Gruby62

Been a Verizon customer for MANY years. Always paid the Verizon premium price for good service. Well, something has changed and now I get VERY poor service at my house. The answer from Verizon was to use a network extender that they sent me. Well now I need to use my router from my cable company to try to set this extender up which fails to connect past step 8A.  So this extender doesn't work, my service is still poor, I'm using a comcast router in an attempt to better my Verizon service, even if this extender did work I need to be within so many feet of the extender for it to work. The online CHAT helper is WORTHLESS....  Im DONE with this. Looks like I'll be taking my TWO lines to another company. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor service and network extender not setting up
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Gruby62 wrote:

Been a Verizon customer for MANY years. Always paid the Verizon premium price for good service. Well, something has changed and now I get VERY poor service at my house. The answer from Verizon was to use a network extender that they sent me. Well now I need to use my router from my cable company to try to set this extender up which fails to connect past step 8A.  So this extender doesn't work, my service is still poor, I'm using a comcast router in an attempt to better my Verizon service, even if this extender did work I need to be within so many feet of the extender for it to work. The online CHAT helper is WORTHLESS....  Im DONE with this. Looks like I'll be taking my TWO lines to another company. 

There have been many threads discussing issues like this step 8a, with the 4G Network Extender.  Here is one reported solution:

4G Net Extender Step 8a issues.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gruby62, we are here for you to help with getting you the bet service possible. So we can help, please send us a Private Note. Thank you! JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
OldRadioGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem.. See if your router has an IPSec Passthrough option that is disabled under Security or VPN Settings.  When found, ENABLE  and Save the change and the Extender should work.  The 4G LTE Extender will work exceedingly well around your house, once activated. If possible, place in a central location, close to a window.  As a general rule, DO NOT place the NE2 or your Wireless Router on a nightstand near where you sleep, but across the room is fine.  

The only limitation I found was the somewhat insensitive GPS.  If the unit does not see enough satellites when initializing to verify your location, it will simply not startup. It will then require a power reset to start another attempt to initialize.  

I have set up several of these and when I have GPS problems, I begin the start-up process on a window ledge, and once it is operational, I relocate to the preferred location.  The GPS receiver is also susceptible to interference from some computer hardware.  

Troubleshooting is easier when you log on to the Network Extender 2 [NE2] using the LAN address displayed on the NE2 using your Internet browser.  The password is in the manual.   

0 Likes