Poor-to-no Verizon cell service
LoveThoseGoldens

I moved into my new house in Gettysburg, PA in March, and since then have experienced literally hundreds of dropped calls or incoming calls that go right to voicemail.  It is a community of 150 upscale homes, and many other residents have complained of the same problem; many have already changed to AT&T which has marginally better service.  I have five phones on my account and cannot continue to endure this.  The Borough of Gettysburg has recently contracted with Verizon to install six cellular repeaters in the downtown area, but this will not help us.  I could install my own repeater, but that would only help in and around my house, not when I'm out and about in the community.  There is a community water tower (owned by Aqua) that seems to be an ideal site for a community enhancer if Verizon would only sit up and take notice of our need.  We pay the same for service as anyone else who actually get it, and should not be paying for dropped calls, at least not by the hundreds.  Has anyone else had to deal with this from Verizon, and how did you get their attention (if you did!)?  I, too, and ready to move my entire account to another provider.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor-to-no Verizon cell service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are your phones capable of wifi calling?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LoveThoseGoldens

Only one of them supports that.  But even using that is no better than a local repeater--still tethers me to the house.  I want community coverage, and so do the other residents.  Soon there won't be a Verizon customer left here.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps you can talk with your local building commission to advocate for them to approve new towers to improve capacity throughout the town.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my service to work everywhere I need it and we definitely want your service to work for you, DONSTI43. We're disappointed to learn you're not getting stellar service and that others are no longer part of the Verizon family. We want to do all we can to get your service working in the area. What happens when using the phone? What's the zip code where you're located?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LoveThoseGoldens

We live in 17325 at the Links at Gettysburg.  There are about 150 homes here that all suffer from the same miserable service.  A simple installation of a cellular repeater that covers the community (a convenient water tower provides a high vantage point), similar to the six Verizon is installing in downtown Gettysburg, I believe, is likely to be enough to immensely improve service here.

0 Likes