Re: Recurrent MME Communication Error on Extender
JCap334
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm quite disappointed at the lack of educated responses from Verizon. Based on the activity of this thread, it is obvious that this is a widespread issue.

I'm contemplating linking this thread to a variety of tech blogs to make this a bit more public unless Verizon fixes this very soon. I've done the factory resets, swapped out a 3rd unit, and same issue remains. There should be no "tweaking" or troubleshooting to have to do on our ends. These devices are essentially plug-and-play and are supposed to JUST WORK.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@SeanC_VZW vzw_customer_support​, can you give an update on the escalation of this issue to Technical Support and Samsung? Is there, in fact, an open ticket or support case on this?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are agree that the device are plug and play and should just work. We have sent a Private Message. Please respond with the requested information.

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@AlbertoR_VZW, @SeanC_VZW vzw_customer_support​, There has been plenty of information provided in posts by customers experiencing issues. @SeanC_VZW said in his Apr 28, 2018 1:41 PM post that issues were escalated to Technical Services.  How about someone following up on that instead of starting another possible dead-end path?

Mikey72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't actually do anything, but after weeks of getting the MME Comm error every day, it hasn't happened in over a week.  Perhaps there was a software update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ImagoAssoc, thank you for providing the additional information. Do not worry we will continue providing troubleshooting support. I just sent you a private message so that we can provide some personal support: 

Also, can you tell us more about your home internet connection. Have you tried rebooting that system? Has there been any changes to the system? 

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am happy to hear that the error has stopped. Please know that if the error returns, we are more than happy to continue troubleshooting with you so that we may resolve the issue.

GregL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@RalphT_VZW, @GregL_VZW, vzw_customer_support​,  we haven't seen any updates on VZW Technical Support troubleshooting these issues. Have they been doing anything and can we get an update?

Sinistersix

I have been having the same issue for about a month now. Ill notice on my phone that the Extender icon is missing and on the Samsung display unit it says MME communication failure. A power cycle fixes it, but not for long. Any idea on updates for this? Definitely seems to be a widespread issue here.

0 Likes
ANTPED86

Experiencing repeat Out of Service - MME communication failures. Issues started a few weeks ago. Started after update to 3.1.1.00 (Samsung).  Reboot clears it for a small period of time. Fails multiple times a day.

Is there a confirmed solution from Verizon? Appears the post has had no movement for 2 months.

0 Likes