Re: Recurrent MME Communication Error on Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PA_Train_Guy, 

We understand wanting to have the best available service where you need it the most. We surely wouldn't want to see you leave us. Your time is valuable so we know that spending time on the with us to address these issues is frustrating. You mentioned that you were waiting for someone to call you back. Were you provided with a reason for the callback? When you spoke with us by phone, was a ticket submitted for the trouble you're having with the extender?

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
knife2241

I have been having this same issue for over a year. I've called tech support multiple times and the issue still plagues the network extender. It is now out of warranty and I have the choice of purchasing a new unit or switching service providers and get one for free from the other provider. Long story short, I switched and got a free excellent working network extender along with a lower monthly bill. For the price Verizon charges these should be free to the customer with a refundable deposit. I was a customer for about 10 years and have had enough.

0 Likes
WEEZ1967
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm so sick of Verizon.. Constantly calling about issues.. That don't care. 4G extender is useless if it don't work half the time

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WEEZ1967, being able to stay connected with your Network Extender is a must. Have you been able to preform any troubleshooting on your extender since this issue began?

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
Lucas13095

Did you ever get this fixed?? I have the same unit. 

0 Likes
Lucas13095

I'm having the same issue with my Samsung extender. SLS-BU10B

Help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lucas13095 We want to help with any concerns you are having with your Network Extender. At what point do you get the error? Does this happen when you are using a specific device? What service are you using when this happens?DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
esther-hoffman

I’ve had a Samsung LTE extender in the house since 2015.  We live in tall redwood trees and only get a one bar Verizon signal outside.  The extender (4G SLS-BU103) worked fairly well (had to call Verizon tech a few times when it stopped working) until a few months ago when even the phone tech couldn’t figure out the problem.  It ALWAYS gets the same error message “MME communication error”.  It would come on and work fine for a few days then stop working for no reason, we never knew if we would have service at home or not.  We have tried everything: we bought a newer version of the samsung unit, which didn’t work at all, so we sent it back.  We tried a roof extender (not Verizon approved), so finally this week Verizon agreed we have gone through a lot and they sent us a new extender, the same BU103 version brand new.  It doesnt work either- sets up until it ends why the same MME error.

I also tried connecting it directly to our internet box to bypass the router and that didn’t work either. We have microwave internet, that company has been trying to help us out with this as well, there is no cable internet or TV by us.  I know it says to place at least 5 feet from microwaves so I went as far way as I could with the cord, but when it used to work it was in the same room as the internet box as well.   Then I tried to connect it in the area of the house that gets the best, 1 bar sometimes,  Verizon signal, but on the other side of the house from our router and internet box, so I connected it through a Netgear internet extender that goes through electric lines and ran the gps signal cord out the window and outside onto the deck where we can make calls most of the time.  I reset and STILL got the MME error on the brand new unit!  I’m exhausted and out of ideas. 

We live in Sonoma County CA where the wildfires threat is high, only 1 mile from the Tubbs Fire of 2017 so we NEED a communication system.  We got an ATT copper wired landline phone installed a month ago because PGE turns off our power frequently now and our landline stopped working a week ago and we couldn’t get an appointment to fix it for 2 weeks.  Soooo, The only communication we currently have is through email or whatsapp.  This is crazy!  Since phone tech support has not been helpful (one tech promised us he would look into it and even emailed us to confirm and all we get is that he still hasn’t heard back yet) can you help us figure this out so we can actually have phone and text service? I’d be extremely grateful!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the very detailed message about the experience that you're having with the network extender, esther-hoffman. It sounds like that you've done a lot of steps on your own and with us. We know the importance of needing to have your cell phone service inside your home. When you moved the network extender over to the new area, you still receive the same error?  KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
esther-hoffman

Yes, it goes through the setup until it stops at 11d then goes to MME Communication error.

0 Likes