Re: S7 Not Connecting to Network Extender
D2nJ_Dad

EVERYONE!  I HAVE CRACKED THE CODE TO THIS PROBLEM.

I had the same problem as BrendaAngie.  I have had my Samsung Extender 2 since June 2018 and have been "not on the extender" multiple times each time working a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc later.  This past weekends scenario was that my house is getting remodeled and I wanted to move my extender from the living room to the office.  Each time I tried I was unable to connect in the office.  And.....each time putting back in the living room.  Saturday, extender still in the living room stopped working. I called Verizon and spoke to a Verizon Rep that finally knew what to do.  Simply, he "reactivated" my extender on his end and he had me unplug my extender for two minutes on my end.  After two minutes he told me to plug it in and after it said "in service" to wait an hour and it should work.  Needless to say, it worked as soon as it was "in service" on the LED display.  Confirmation of this fix was that I tried moving the extender to the office AGAIN.  This time I called Verizon and asked the rep go straight to my account notes and "reactive" my extender.  Guess what, after it said, "in service" it worked like a champ!! I was on the phone with the rep less then 15 minutes.  2 for 2 with the reactivation and that's why I'm posting now.  Hope it works for all that try!  GOOD LUCK!!

0 Likes
Re: S7 Not Connecting to Network Extender
RADTEC

I solved my problem with the extender.  If you have Wi-fi Calling turned ON, it will not use the network extender (it will use the wi-fi).  Settings -> Connections -> Advanced Calling -> Wi-Fi Calling.  As long as it's turned OFF, your phone will connect through your wi-fi network, not the extender.  I checked this on the S-7 and S-10.  The menu path is a little different but you'll find it.

0 Likes