SCTP link failure happening multiple times
kayakboy000000
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi!  I am getting this error on my Askey LTE Extender.  I have gigabit fiber and my connection is rock solid.

The extender drops service between 12noon and about 6pm with this error.  I might get 20 events a day.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SCTP link failure happening multiple times
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kayakboy000000 We know how important it is that your Network Extender function properly at all times. Let's gather additional details about the error message. Was this extender received from Verizon Wireless? Does the extender error prevent the ability to make and receive calls on your phones? 
RitaK_VZW Support
0 Likes
kayakboy000000
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes, i received the extender directly from verizon.  

when the message pops up, the unit goes “not in service” and is inoperable.

it’s offline right now due to this error.

0 Likes
cpreilly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am seeing the same issue, Error 32 on the device display, corresponds with SCTP HB failed over criteria in the alarm log (~20 times a day). Its been consistently failing since the GA4.36 - V0.4.036.1813 software upgrade Verizon pushed out. This along with the incoming calls not alerting has made this a disappointing experience. I have less than a bar of Verizon coverage where I live. If I turn on wifi calling I get no terminating calls. If I turn off wifi calling, the extender is consistently down throughout the day due to the SCTP criteria failure. These extenders are truly an extension of your network, you can do better.

cpreilly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Made it to tier two support on the phone. They are deleting my LTE Extender device from the system and I need to leave it powered down for an hour. Will see if this improves my service once I bring it back up and re-register. Factory reset on my end yesterday did not change the constant link failures. No other devices in the house are experiencing internet issues.

cpreilly
Enthusiast - Level 2

After I powered back up, LTE Extender (Askey model 3) connected and has gone 12 hours without an SCTP link failure. No change on my end, just cleanup of my device and rediscovery on Verizons end. So far so good as the device was dropping SCTP ~20 times a day for the last 4 days prior to this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details. Has the extender ever been fully set up and properly functioning? Have you run a speed test on your home-internet to see the speeds you are currently receiving?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reliable service is a must and we are here to help, cpreilly. We are here to take a closer look at the issue you are having with the Network Extender. Please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience so we can get started.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's great news, cpreilly! We're very happy to hear that. If we can help with anything in the future, just let us know!

0 Likes
cpreilly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Extender was working since March with no issues other than missed incoming calls. Extender was never noticeably out of service until recently. I have done speed tests on my cable modem, typical result is 250 Mbps downlink, 12 Mbps uplink. I usually have about 40 devices connected in the home (smart lights, a few TVs, streamers and laptops, some other misc connected equipment). I have not had issues with service outages on any other equipment. I understand the LTE extender is trying to maintain an SCTP link with a tight tolerance and much of my other equipment uses the internet on demand.

0 Likes